2015 is a significant year in Singapore’s Primary English education and many parents with children in their primary school years will know why. It marks the start of the new PSLE English format for assessment. Without a clear understanding of the changes, it can be unnerving for both the parents and their children.
As a parent, how can you help?
- Keep abreast of changes in the current English syllabus.
- Empower yourselves with fundamental English knowledge that is relevant to primary school English assessment so that you are able to guide your children independently.
- Encourage your children to learn English anywhere and anytime and not just for school assessment alone.
- Are you looking for an efficient, convenient and value-for-money way to help your child master English or Chinese?
- Are you not 100% satisfied with the traditional tuition’s approach?
- Do you want your child to learn and achieve high academic goals without pressure and with a kid-friendly pedagogy?
If you have answered YES to one of these questions, then VivaLing is for YOU!
Singapore-based VivaLing is the WORLD’S FIRST ONLINE LANGUAGE ACADEMY FOR KIDS.
Fun and interactive online tuition
VivaLing currently teaches English, Mandarin, Spanish and French to young learners, aged 3 to 15, in 20 countries across Europe, the Middle-East and Asia.
As parents, we are very involved in our children’s education. We go to great lengths to ensure they get into a good school, have the right enrichment and score well in their examinations. But how much do we really know about the English curriculum and its learning outcomes? Do we really understand what our child is learning and why?
The English curriculum for Primary school is focussed around six key areas – Writing and Representing, Reading and Viewing, Listening and Viewing, Speaking and Representing, Grammar and Vocabulary. Read on for a guide into what goes on in an English class.