Tanjong Katong Secondary School

Tanjong Katong Secondary School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Tanjong Katong Secondary School

Postby heutistmeintag » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:17 am

Any feedback pls?
User avatar
heutistmeintag
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:30 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Tanjong Katong Secondary School

Postby DadOfGirl » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:32 pm

heutistmeintag wrote:Any feedback pls?


My DD english teacher strongly recommends the school..We went to Open house one month ago , it seems to be good school

COP is dropping every year , which means quality of students are goign somewhere else.

It is good schoool otherwise & O level scores are good so far...
DadOfGirl
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:02 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Tanjong Katong Secondary School

Postby carebear » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:41 pm

DadOfGirl wrote:
heutistmeintag wrote:Any feedback pls?


My DD english teacher strongly recommends the school..We went to Open house one month ago , it seems to be good school

COP is dropping every year , which means quality of students are goign somewhere else.

It is good schoool otherwise & O level scores are good so far...


Thanks for the review.
So, is your DD going to apply for TKSS now?
How about TKGS?

In my case, i am torn between TKSS and maris stella for my son.
Are there any TKSS students or parents who can give further review?
TIA.
User avatar
carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:38 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Tanjong Katong Secondary School

Postby Bentan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:47 am

carebear wrote:Thanks for the review.
So, is your DD going to apply for TKSS now?
How about TKGS?

In my case, i am torn between TKSS and maris stella for my son.
Are there any TKSS students or parents who can give further review?
TIA.


My son was from Maris Stella and my daughter from TKSS.

Maris Stella looks after top students very well. If your son is at 240, he will get very good care and attention.

Leave me a message if you need to talk.
Bentan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:55 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Tanjong Katong Secondary School

Postby carebear » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:58 pm

Bentan wrote:My son was from Maris Stella and my daughter from TKSS.

Maris Stella looks after top students very well. If your son is at 240, he will get very good care and attention.

Leave me a message if you need to talk.


Thanks Bentan.
Went down to both schools today.
Like TKSS very much. Also like Maris stella.
My son's score is 245.
Did you prefer Maris stella or TKSS better in terms of motivation and discipline?
User avatar
carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:38 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: Tanjong Katong Secondary School

Postby DadOfGirl » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:36 pm

carebear wrote:Thanks Bentan.
Went down to both schools today.
Like TKSS very much. Also like Maris stella.
My son's score is 245.
Did you prefer Maris stella or TKSS better in terms of motivation and discipline?


Sorry , i was refering to TKGS.... We went again today... I guess TKGS & TKSS both are veery good schools... It depends whether to put in co-ed or girls only school..
DadOfGirl
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:02 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Tanjong Katong Secondary School

Postby heutistmeintag » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:20 am

DadOfGirl wrote:Sorry , i was refering to TKGS.... We went again today... I guess TKGS & TKSS both are veery good schools... It depends whether to put in co-ed or girls only school..


DadofGirl, may I know if there was an open house today?
User avatar
heutistmeintag
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:30 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Tanjong Katong Secondary School

Postby DadOfGirl » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:41 am

heutistmeintag wrote:
DadOfGirl wrote:Sorry , i was refering to TKGS.... We went again today... I guess TKGS & TKSS both are veery good schools... It depends whether to put in co-ed or girls only school..


DadofGirl, may I know if there was an open house today?



TKGS open house done long ago. TKSS open house was conducted on Friday...
DadOfGirl
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:02 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Tanjong Katong Secondary School

Postby blesseddad » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:50 pm

DadOfGirl wrote:
carebear wrote:Thanks Bentan.
Went down to both schools today.
Like TKSS very much. Also like Maris stella.
My son's score is 245.
Did you prefer Maris stella or TKSS better in terms of motivation and discipline?


Sorry , i was refering to TKGS.... We went again today... I guess TKGS & TKSS both are veery good schools... It depends whether to put in co-ed or girls only school..


IMHO, girls only school is the way to go. They are able to grow, develop and excel into a fine lady without the distractions of the opposite sex.

Look at the number of band 1 schools which are all-girls, 6 out of 12. The number says it all.
blesseddad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:14 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby carebear » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:05 pm

May I know what time do the students of TKSS go home usually?
User avatar
carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:38 pm
Total Likes: 0



Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups