Science Guide Books (Page 119)

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:09 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122 ... 254  Next
 Post subject: Re: Science Assessment Books
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:14 pm 
Councillor
Councillor

Champion wrote:
Brenda10 wrote:

The books cost about $15++!

Hi sista Brenda,
WOW! That is really ex lor! I have the FAQ by Janet Sim (Lower Block) so will not be getting others...( :xedfingers: I hope I can control my buying power! :laugh: )

Hi champion,
I think you should have no prob controlling yourself until end of P4...then start to kancheong getting upper block.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:37 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Champion wrote:
Brenda10 wrote:

Hi Champion,

I was at Popular yesterday and saw the Upper Block version was available for sales!

The books cost about $15++!

Hi sista Brenda,
WOW! That is really ex lor! I have the FAQ by Janet Sim (Lower Block) so will not be getting others...( :xedfingers: I hope I can control my buying power! :laugh: )

Hi sista Champion,

Ya lor! Seems that the price for assessment book is getting expensive!

Think you should have enough on hand to sail through the lower block!

:nunchuk: say NO to the book!!! :rahrah:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:57 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

SAHM_TAN, Janet & Brenda
:hi5: Hope I won't be "tempting myself" should I step into Popular else I will have to :pokeeye: ! :siam:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:59 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Anyone try SCIENCE Alive! Primary Science Tutor (Lower Block) CD-ROM - Cycles
before? It's like interactive.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:37 am 
Councillor
Councillor

Champion wrote:
SAHM_TAN, Janet & Brenda
:hi5: Hope I won't be "tempting myself" should I step into Popular else I will have to :pokeeye: ! :siam:

Hi Champion,
The best and 'safest' thing to do is to avoid this thread...in case you are tempted to check out the latest assessment posted.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:48 am 
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

you don't need too many assessment books. Just about 2 or 3 good ones, get through them and then work off the Exam papers from TOP schools. The exam papers are free from the web. That should more than enough to get your child through the year. You're not limited to 2010 papers, you can have 2009, 2008..... Plenty of papers for drills.
Save some money for special treats for your child.

Don't get caught up with the assessment book bug, most of the time, the books end up collecting dust.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:01 pm 
Councillor
Councillor

cimman wrote:
you don't need too many assessment books. Just about 2 or 3 good ones, get through them and then work off the Exam papers from TOP schools. The exam papers are free from the web. That should more than enough to get your child through the year. You're not limited to 2010 papers, you can have 2009, 2008..... Plenty of papers for drills.

Some of the schools do have breakdown of marks and good answers at the back. It's true that there is no need to get too many assessment books...never enough if you follow what's new at Popular. Which is why I'll try to control myself when daughter goes to P3...just get 2 or 3 good/reliable titles.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:59 pm 
Councillor
Councillor

Hi Champion,
We went to IMM on Friday night.
Bought the 3M table lamp...the existing light causes 'distress' for the eyes as it's too bright.

Just marked the topic on 'heat energy' this morning. So mad son has forgotten it :mad: I like the questions in Learning Science...they are interesting and answers are good...a pity the key words are not underlined or printed bold.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:54 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

janet_lee88 wrote:
Hi Champion,
We went to IMM on Friday night.
Bought the 3M table lamp...the existing light causes 'distress' for the eyes as it's too bright.

Hi Janet, glad that you bought something during your shopping trip! :hi5:

janet_lee88 wrote:
Just marked the topic on 'heat energy' this morning. So mad son has forgotten it :mad: I like the questions in Learning Science...they are interesting and answers are good...a pity the key words are not underlined or printed bold.

Yes, I like the questions set out in Learning Science too! :hi5: As it divides into 2 parts - (A) "Easier" Section - Knowledge and Understanding of Concepts & (B) "Challenging" Section -Application of Higher Order Skills and Processes in thinking.

DD1 works on the topic Life Cycle of Plants and Animals during the holiday and it helps to refresh what she has learn in Term 3 :lol: Still making mistakes :wink: and learning from it :heresmyfish:

Am downloading & printing past year top school exam papers to prepare for SA2 revision but for Science, it really a tedious job :frustrated: ..Reason being that different school teaches different theme in P3 & P4. I am trying to get questions on the topic "Magnets" and have to print out all the P4 2010 papers to search for the questions! :faint:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:59 am 
Councillor
Councillor

HI Champion,
I know what you mean...it's hard to sieve out schools which have questions similar to what is taught in child's school...however, some schools like RGPS have good thinking questions. Rosyth paper is tough.
For P4, you can consider buying the whole set of exam papers (CA1-SA2).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122 ... 254  Next