why Zoe Tay’s son was accepted into HPPS?? (Page 6)

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:09 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: why Zoe Tay’s son was accepted into HPPS??
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:28 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

at end of P3 2014 if her eldest son able to get in GEP, he can seek transfer to Nanyang (her dream school). Then her youngest son next time can enter Nanyang, under sibling phase 1.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:09 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

phtthp wrote:
at end of P3 2014 if her eldest son able to get in GEP, he can seek transfer to Nanyang (her dream school). Then her youngest son next time can enter Nanyang, under sibling phase 1.

donch need to wait so long what....there are always other mean to get a transfer :evil:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:17 pm 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

pinky wrote:
KSP wrote:

i like her reply, that's her personal thing and why should she share with the kaypoh netizens.....

in the above report, she stated that she did not apply to both NYPS and HPPS leh..

For the first school no chance for 2KM at all so no need to apply mah. For the second sch if apply must ballot, so ”走后门“ lor if I read them correctly. :siam:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:22 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

tutormum wrote:
If a child, say John, is unsuccessful in phase 2A at X school, he can try phase 2B at other schools. However, if another child who was successful in phase 2A at X school but decided to give up the place, then John would be offered a place if he had requested to be put on waiting list.

Never heard of unsuccessful at phase 2A leh.. got such thing..?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:11 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

phtthp wrote:
csc wrote:
Err...sorry to intercept here. I thought I read in the papers today that HPPS has clarified that her son is not a student of theschool. :smile:

which paper did you read today that clarify her son is Not a student of Henry Park primary (HPPS) ? is it Straits Times, what page ?

if Henry Park primary school confirm in black and white over newspaper press that her husband was never from HPPS, then next logical qn to pursue is - was he ever an alumni from which other school ? SJIJ ?

i) if her husband was SJIJ alumni - they could have registered under phase 2A, SJIJ. If they had registered under this earlier phase, then nothing wrong. He is an alumni, and in accordance to MOE P1 registration rules, his child can enter. Period.

ii) but if her husband wasn't an SJIJ alumni - means she can only register her son under phase 2C, since she failed to quality for Nanyang under phase 2B, because she stayed more than 2 km, wasn't given any chance to ballot.
If the family is of catholic faith, can go SJIJ under Phase 2B through church affiliation, right? No need to wait until 2C.

so next logical qn to ask is :
under 2C, what is the distance from her house to SJIJ ?
is it < 1km, 2 km or greater than 2 km ?

if she stay less than 1 km or less than 2 km that doesn't require balloting or she got in SJIJ through balloting, then is ok. Nothing wrong. is her luck that brought her in.

2011 balloting info (SJIJ)
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... &start=330

2011 Henry Park
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... start=1920

regardless of whether celebrity or not -
During P1 registration exercise, the rules do not bend "special" for anyone in particular. If public suspect any "foul play" DURING Registration exercise, then public has the right to question the Principal there and then. He has to step forward and answer to public.

But AFTER the entire P1 exercise ended, P has the authority to overide and decide which child he wants to take in next.
P doesn't need to explain to public why he take in this child, and not another child.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:02 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

limlim wrote:
tutormum wrote:
If a child, say John, is unsuccessful in phase 2A at X school, he can try phase 2B at other schools. However, if another child who was successful in phase 2A at X school but decided to give up the place, then John would be offered a place if he had requested to be put on waiting list.

Never heard of unsuccessful at phase 2A leh.. got such thing..?

phase 2 a is alumni, board members and staff right? might happen in near future.

heard that many many years ago, acs (i think is primary) has balloting in phase 2a.

note : heard only..........oki.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:07 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

does it matter which school he is in?

nyps and hpps already confirmed he is not a student there. no one from the other school has come forward to confirm he is a student there.

moe is not investigating this matter so i believe he got in thru fair means. unless someone has concrete proof there is foul play, we should stop speculating.

he is after all a child and all this rumours are of no good to him.

as a mum, i would be upset but i really dont see the need to say anything to any one especially if i have done nothing wrong.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:17 pm 
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

SJI is in Novena. I thought they are staying in Holland Road. Within 1km and 2 km ? The whole story from the unknown source didn't make sense at all.

Time will tell. Don't tell me the mum will not fetch the son, will not see the form teacher or will not participate in any school event?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:29 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

if the dad is old boy, doesnt matter where he stays unless dd exceeds supply.

to be honest, i only see the parents on the orientation day and after that i dont see many of the parents. majority dont even turn up for parents meet teacher sessions. i can count the no. who attended on my hands. same face every time.

many kids take school bus or go to after school care or pick up by maids/grandparents. so unless the parent(s) is a celebrity, i really dont know who is who.

the classmate's mum might be standing next to me at the school gate for the past few months but we might not know our kids are classmates.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:44 pm 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Actually I find this topic ridiculous in the first place.
1. Does it concern anyone if Zoe tay is in which branded school ?Might as well spend the time focusing on one own children.
2. Zoe Tay has never admitted to the media that she was doing volunteering work at NYPS. It was some KPO parents (who told the media) happen to be at NYPS, saw Zoe n her hubby doing photography for the school event.
3. Zoe tay has always been trying to shun her son from the limelight. Why do people keep focusing on her son when what she wants is her son to be like any Other children.
4. This is just the tabloid paper flaming news to get ppl to buy their papers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next