Tackling Oral Examination (Page 13)

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:26 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Forum rules


Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:52 pm 
Offline
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:31 am
Posts: 17
Hi Engtutor,
can you also PM to me. Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: English Oral / Show and Tell
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:44 pm 
Offline
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:55 pm
Posts: 25
Hie

Does anyone knows whats the weightage given to Oral and Written work for English ?

I heard that their oral will be replaced by Show and Tell.

Does anyone knows will this show and tell thing goes til p6 ?

Thank u.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:48 pm 
Offline
Councillor
Councillor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Posts: 7785
hi,
you have asked a similar Q here.
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... highlight=
pls refrain from duplicating threads.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: English Oral / Show and Tell
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:07 pm 
Offline
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 am
Posts: 17967
joylly wrote:
Does anyone knows whats the weightage given to Oral and Written work for English ?


You can read up here. Click the blue link. :wink:
> Tackling Oral Examination

joylly wrote:
I heard that their oral will be replaced by Show and Tell.


> P1 Show & Tell

joylly wrote:
Does anyone knows will this show and tell thing goes til p6 ? Thank u.


PSLE (P6) will do oral examination.

So, to answer your question... nope, show & tell does not go on till P6.
Most likely either only in P1 or up till P2. Hope this clarifies and helps. :D

PS : Mods, please help merge this thread here. TIA. :wink:
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 4780#24780


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:08 pm 
Offline
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:55 pm
Posts: 25
There is no answer there, so I thought of posting here to try getting a reply


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: PLS. HELP FOR ORAL ENGLISH SKILLS BOOK....................
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:03 pm 
Offline
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:17 am
Posts: 15
Hi,
I am new to this forum,am in SaudiArabia.I am homeschooling my kids on Singaporian textbooks .I came across Popular Book store online and saw many good books for oral skills but can't decide which one is good..........so is there anyone to help or if they have any of these books could anyone paste that book's sample page here inorder to let me decide..................

A Guide To English Oral Skills (For Elementary Level)
Item Code : 9789814094467

Oral English Picture Discussion For Lower Primary Levels
Item Code : 9789812743787

P1 Just Oral Practice & Listening Comprehension (2 In 1 Series)
Item Code : 9789810824556

P1 Oxford Primary Essentials English Oral And Listening
Item Code : 9789810112776

P2 Just Oral Practice & Listening Comprehension (2 In 1 Series)
Item Code : 9789810824563

P2 Oxford Primary Essentials English Oral And Listening
Item Code : 9789810112783


and how is P1 / P2 Phrases For Creative Writing of Casco Publications Pte Ltd.
Item Code : 9789814202299

Pls. guide me........................... :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:06 pm 
Offline
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:17 am
Posts: 15
pls. guide anyone.........................waiting..........


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:19 pm 
Offline
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Posts: 4742
Hi . Just curious to know are you Singaporean staying in suadiarab and coming back to Singapore in near future? If u are not, then I think those oral book might not be relevant to your child as those are mainly for singapore education system whereby children will be tested on those oral skills during exams. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:32 pm 
Offline
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:17 am
Posts: 15
vlim wrote:
Hi . Just curious to know are you Singaporean staying in suadiarab and coming back to Singapore in near future? If u are not, then I think those oral book might not be relevant to your child as those are mainly for singapore education system whereby children will be tested on those oral skills during exams. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.. :wink:


I will go to Singapore soon,so want for my kids oral english skills.........pls. tell which books r good.............


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:35 pm 
Offline
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:17 am
Posts: 15
syeda wrote:
vlim wrote:
Hi . Just curious to know are you Singaporean staying in suadiarab and coming back to Singapore in near future? If u are not, then I think those oral book might not be relevant to your child as those are mainly for singapore education system whereby children will be tested on those oral skills during exams. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.. :wink:


I will go to Singapore soon,so want for my kids oral english skills.........pls. tell which books r good.............


A Guide To English Oral Skills (For Elementary Level)
Item Code : 9789814094467

OR

Oral English Picture Discussion For Lower Primary Levels
Item Code : 9789812743787 ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P1 Just Oral Practice & Listening Comprehension (2 In 1 Series)
Item Code : 9789810824556

OR

P1 Oxford Primary Essentials English Oral And Listening
Item Code : 9789810112776
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and how is P1 / P2 Phrases For Creative Writing of Casco Publications Pte Ltd.
Item Code : 9789814202299

---------------------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next




All times are UTC + 8 hours


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group