Yangzheng Primary (Page 32)

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:51 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: Yangzheng Primary
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:32 am 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Few month ago, the school changed the back shoes due to the feedback that the old shoes will cracked after a few wear.
laterly, l have problem with the new black shoes is that it smell badly after wearing it whole day. i tried washing it, put charcoal and spray disinfectant. :?: nothing work.
i have no problem with the old shoes.
sigh... can we get shoes outside as long as it is black. :shrug:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:26 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

I think you can't if your child is from P3 and below.

I heard parents from P3 saying that the school ran out of the size that they wanted, so, they were caught in between.

Anyway, though the shoes was from FILA, the quality was very lousy. The base was in fact made of cardboard. So, only after a few months, the shoes was unwearable. When I sounded this to the shoes, the staff told me not to wash the shoes, which I didn't. However, the kids still have to wear shoes to school when it rained.

Shoes bought from the neighbourhood shophouses are cheaper and more lasting. So school should look into this problem seriously.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:39 pm 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Perhaps the school could consider personalising the shoes by having shoe laces with the 'Yangzhengnite' wordings or other embellishments on suitable black shoes, rather than insisting that pupils must buy the shoes from the vendor who is unable to provide products of suitable quality.

Forging a unified identity can be done through various means other than just shoes. Maybe the admin is concerned that students will come in with various different models and makes of shoes, but it's rather difficult to depart too much if the requirement is 'fully black leather-like shoes'. That way parents have a choice as to the price and quality we desire or can afford.

Personally, we had less problems with the latest batch of shoes we bought after the new shoes came out last August. It's softer and DD had less complaints after switching to this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:30 pm 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Hi 2 years back , I remembered the alumni or the school advisory board said that they are trying to apply to MOE to upgrade yangzheng as a SAP Sch . With it's long historical Chinese history n frequent mention of it's name in the Chinese newspaper, I thought the school should tap on it's strong Chinese alumni to build up itself as a SAP school .

Can the school comment on the status? Do the parents have a chance to meet the school advisory board members during any of the school events?

Nowsday, the school doesn't seem to reply to the parents queries at the thread anymore .

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:56 pm 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

magiccastle wrote:
Hi 2 years back , I remembered the alumni or the school advisory board said that they are trying to apply to MOE to upgrade yangzheng as a SAP Sch . With it's long historical Chinese history n frequent mention of it's name in the Chinese newspaper, I thought the school should tap on it's strong Chinese alumni to build up itself as a SAP school .

Can the school comment on the status? Do the parents have a chance to meet the school advisory board members during any of the school events?

Nowsday, the school doesn't seem to reply to the parents queries at the thread anymore .

I think I did see an article somwhere at the entrance to the school which quoted that Yangzheng should strive to be a SAP school. So far I have not seen or heard anything about this being worked on, maybe the school had done some efforts in this direction and we would appreciate you can share with us.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:34 pm 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Hi dragonflow,
Thks for the info.

To be a SAP school , the school has to be strong in it's Chinese culture n activities.
My few visits to the school , sad to say ,I don't feel it . On the contrary, I feel the reverse. . Unlike other school like pei chun n Tao nan, u feel the chinese environment once u step into the school.
I really hope the school advisory committee can be more proactive to promote the chinese environment in the school. School like Mee Toh offer higher Chinese from p1 tho they have not attained the SAP school yet. At least , the school is on its way toward obtaining it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:11 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

It's end of Term 1 today and I'm quite disappointed with my child's Science teacher. She has given the students practice papers for CA1. BUT, till today (which is end of Term 1 and start of school holiday), the teacher has not even got through the correction of one the papers with the children. According to my child, the rest of the papers were also rushed through before CA1.

I looked through the school timetable, Science is merely 5 periods for the whole week. Maybe that's the reason of the rushing through and exercises not marked...? However, no point asking the students to do tons of exercises without going through the correction and even marking.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:30 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Has anyone/everyone attended the teachers-meet-parents session 2 weeks ago?

I just want to suggest that maybe it would be better to wait longer before the session. My feeling is that the teachers might not have enough time to know the students better (if at all) yet before the session, and this could sometimes lead to instances when the teachers are forced to comment on the students when they are ill-prepared to do so. They would inevitably end up giving some generic comments or start talking general issues that has nothing to do with the student at all!

I know teaching is not easy, so would like to make it less stressful for the teachers. At the same time, it will also make it less meaningless for the parents to attend such sessions.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:38 am 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

I missed the parent briefing this year. However, I can call the teacher to understand more about my child. From last year's experience, the briefing is just to go through the score from the exam which I could read from the test paper myself. So, I think the briefing is not much of value-added especially due to short 5min (or is it 10min?) allocated time.

I found it more effective to talk to the other parents and to find out more while waiting ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:07 pm 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Dear Parents

We thank you for your feedback and have since taken the necessary actions to address your concerns raised. Please do look out for the next Letter to Parents from the Principal where we will share with you the school’s multi-cultural programmes (involving the Chinese, Malay & Tamil languages ) to be implemented this year in line with raising the cultural quotient of our pupils, as well as help pupils appreciate their mother languages more through learning them in fun ways.

YZPS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 51  Next