Q&A - P4 Science (Page 27)

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:53 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 58  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Q&A - P4 Science
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:28 pm 
Offline
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:18 am
Posts: 200
verykiasumummy wrote:
tayobus wrote:
Image

This is another Question taken from RGS, P4 SA2, 2011.

Can someone advise me - this question about tap root system and fibrous root system - which theme in those Science book is relevant for reading and finding the answers? My child said he never study before.

:thankyou:


hi tayobus,

not too sure if any teacher would teach this but i'm quite sure it does not belong to any topics learnt..

heard from my dd sci teacher, ad-hoc questions that may not have been learnt at all can be tested randomly... most impt is the students' inference skills, able to infer what they have learnt and to apply on these "new" questions. this is one of those..

Hi
Sometimes like this question ,you may think that it is not tested.But,when you read the question,you must relate to the topic so that you can find the answer.This is grouped under application questions.
Cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A - P4 Science
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:31 pm 
Offline
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:10 pm
Posts: 2050
yes, agree with charsen..

my dd's sci teacher says that too...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A - P4 Science
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:54 pm 
Offline
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 21
mamago wrote:

When we breathe out (flat balloon), the diaphragm (rubber sheet) moves up...
picture 4 is consistent to this.


:thankyou:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A - P4 Science
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:55 pm 
Offline
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 21
verykiasumummy wrote:
tayobus wrote:
Image

This is another Question taken from RGS, P4 SA2, 2011.

Can someone advise me - this question about tap root system and fibrous root system - which theme in those Science book is relevant for reading and finding the answers? My child said he never study before.

:thankyou:


hi tayobus,

not too sure if any teacher would teach this but i'm quite sure it does not belong to any topics learnt..

heard from my dd sci teacher, ad-hoc questions that may not have been learnt at all can be tested randomly... most impt is the students' inference skills, able to infer what they have learnt and to apply on these "new" questions. this is one of those..


:thankyou:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A - P4 Science
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:56 pm 
Offline
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 21
charsen wrote:
verykiasumummy wrote:
tayobus wrote:
Image

This is another Question taken from RGS, P4 SA2, 2011.

Can someone advise me - this question about tap root system and fibrous root system - which theme in those Science book is relevant for reading and finding the answers? My child said he never study before.

:thankyou:


hi tayobus,

not too sure if any teacher would teach this but i'm quite sure it does not belong to any topics learnt..

heard from my dd sci teacher, ad-hoc questions that may not have been learnt at all can be tested randomly... most impt is the students' inference skills, able to infer what they have learnt and to apply on these "new" questions. this is one of those..

Hi
Sometimes like this question ,you may think that it is not tested.But,when you read the question,you must relate to the topic so that you can find the answer.This is grouped under application questions.
Cheers


:thankyou:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A - P4 Science
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:01 pm 
Offline
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 21
Image

Dear All,
My child is doing the past year paper and when come to the above question, he said not his level topic and he found out from the PSLE Science guide book it is upper block topic. Can anyone advise does your P4 child learnt the above? How do your child answer the above? By the way, this is taken from Nan Hua Pri SA2 2011 paper.

:thankyou:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A - P4 Science
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:27 pm 
Offline
Councillor
Councillor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Posts: 8064
My boy answer
1. The water level in the cup will drop
2. The flower petals will turn purple
3. The water carrying tubes named the xylem is at work.

I am not sure about 2. Whether turn purple or some petals turn red, some blue.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A - P4 Science
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:26 pm 
Offline
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:18 am
Posts: 200
tayobus wrote:
Image

Dear All,
My child is doing the past year paper and when come to the above question, he said not his level topic and he found out from the PSLE Science guide book it is upper block topic. Can anyone advise does your P4 child learnt the above? How do your child answer the above? By the way, this is taken from Nan Hua Pri SA2 2011 paper.

:thankyou:

Hi
This question tests on the plant transport system,which is taught in school in Primary 5.For b,the colour of the flower would be purple.
Charsen.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A - P4 Science
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:41 pm 
Offline
Councillor
Councillor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Posts: 8064
Thanks charsen for clarifying question 2


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Q&A - P4 Science
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:55 pm 
Offline
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 1:00 pm
Posts: 4953
jedamum wrote:
My boy answer
1. The water level in the cup will drop
2. The flower petals will turn purple
3. The water carrying tubes named the xylem is at work.

I am not sure about 2. Whether turn purple or some petals turn red, some blue.

2)half the flower will be red and other half will be blue.
ans provided in the mgs sa2, 2010.
when i did first time i also think wrongly,then i saw the answer, quite reasonable.there is no chance to mixed two waters.imagine like more straws put side by side.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 58  Next




All times are UTC + 8 hours


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group