Shichida Right Brain Training - Discussion (Page 17)

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:10 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 27  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:36 pm 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

jerejoy wrote:
MieVee wrote:
jerejoy: Your child's performance is very impressive indeed! Must be all thanks to your hard work in home practices. :)

I started using flashcards to teach my boy when he was about 9-10 months old. He is 14+ months old and just started classes in Shichida KL in Apr. We do home practice every weekday and he enjoys it as much as I do. It is apparent that he is learning very fast at this age. He is beginning to fix simple puzzles, stack blocks, keep toys, trying to read words, and learning to speak very well.

I'm very glad that the Shichida Method gives a good guide on how to help kids learn when they find it the easiest to learn. Highly recommended indeed! :)

MieVee,

I'm glad to hear that yr boy is also learning well in Shichida. Will stay with Shichida till he is 6 yrs old. =)

Yes, if all goes well, we intend to stay with the programme till 6 yrs old too. :)

Sarah: Shichida Method is much more comprehensive than GD, it includes many more activities beyond flashcards, e.g. imaging and heightened-sensory perception. It also has Parent Education Course to teach parents how to show love to their children, because children are able to absorb well and behave well when they feel their parents' love strongly.

Shichida Method teaches me how to be a loving parent and I have become much more patient with my boy. I also learnt to instil proper behaviour in him using gentle methods (I.e. without harsh scolding & spanking).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:58 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

The method described in this linked (in Chinese) is used in SM.

http://wenku.baidu.com/view/8050dcef5ef ... 33bc6.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:07 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Hi,

Does shicida program help when the kid reaches mainstream school?
Do the kids under this program perform better than the other kids with no right brain training in primary school, during PSLE?

I am worried that i am shortchanging my kid if i dont send her to shicida.
But the fees is very steep, i really do not know if i should commit on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:32 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

arielle08 wrote:
Hi,

Does shicida program help when the kid reaches mainstream school?
Do the kids under this program perform better than the other kids with no right brain training in primary school, during PSLE?

I am worried that i am shortchanging my kid if i dont send her to shicida.
But the fees is very steep, i really do not know if i should commit on this.

Hi arielle08,
According to our (me and dw) last experience, Shicida will not guarantee that. According to theory, right brain is associated with emotion/ creativity, our school systems are activating mid and left brain which is logic...

To Shcida training is a want, not a need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:47 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Just to share- my ds 1 attended Shichida when he was young, and ds2 did not.

Results? I think that parents involvement and nurturing is more imp than all these classes. Both are doing well in school and I think my ds2 is more creative compared to ds1. but then again, it could simple be his personality. anyway, my point is such trainings are just additional. what is impt is our involvement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:43 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Hi arielle08,

If you have time on hand to read up on right brain training and have the determination and discipline to teach your kid yourself, then you don’t need Shichida.

If you need some form of pushing, like me, and the money to spend, then I will say why not give it a try. Don’t just go for the result but rather enjoy the process and bonding with your kid.

Ds1 was with Shichida for 5 terms before we quit. We didn’t continue because I wasn’t doing much home practice with him to achieve significant result so felt it would be a waste of dh’s hard earned money.

We didn’t enroll ds2 because I thought I could just do it myself at home…but it never happen because of my lack of determination and discipline.

Then, when ds1 was in K1, we sent him to a maths program and he went through an entry assessment. We were told ds was pretty advance for his age. The teacher asked if we have done anything with ds at home and I told her nothing except that he attended Shichida for a while. She told us that could be it because her daughter was with Shichida as well and she is doing very well now in primary school.

I can’t say for sure it is because overall, ds1 is just doing average in his childcare centre but he is indeed a faster learner compare to ds2. So to a certain extent, I do feel guilty for not sending ds2 to Shichida.

IMO, just do for what you believe is good for your kid and have faith because you may never realise the benefits gained. What is most important is that you and your child enjoy the learning process together. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:30 am 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

hi

just like to share my experience.

some parents are skeptical of shichida, while some parents agreed that it help their kids in some way.

my 2 kids attended their classes for over 4 years. dd1 is p1 now, and school is really a breeze for her so far. somehow she got this memory thing, so spelling and tingxie is always learned only on the test morning. but what surprised me was this: they have chinese S&D enrichment in school and every class will perform something, the teacher tried a few kids to take the main role but they could not remember the whole script, so the teacher ask who can and my dd volunteered. she just somehow remembered script while attending the weekly classes, and i did not even go through the script with her. dd's show-n-tell in school was good too as she remembers her script with ease. so it's quite amazing.

dd2 is k1 and her chinese standard is around p1. somehow she can remember the chinese characters very quickly, so she's reading reasonable storybooks with alot of characters. this second kid also has good english reading as she is reading the sister's rainbow magic books.

i won't know if the kids will turn out similar if they hadn't attend shichida, so no comparison. but like other parents, i will have no discipline to give them right brain training at home myself, so kudos to the teachers that taught them well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:52 pm 
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Hi petegrin, do you know whether they have classes for P3 student? if possible, could you kindly let me know the shichida school you are attending....Thanks a lot...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:25 pm 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Hi ctct61t

shichida is available for children between the ages of 0-5. If you would like to explore something that gives the same effect for your p3 child, please go to the link below as it is for children between 5-15, preferably 6-12.

thanks

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... hp?t=14621

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:28 pm 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

ctct61t wrote:
Hi petegrin, do you know whether they have classes for P3 student? if possible, could you kindly let me know the shichida school you are attending....Thanks a lot...

hi ctct61t,
I'm not sure if they have, maybe not bcos I dun see big kids around. Last time I know a mummy that did send her kid for the P1 class. My dd1 stopped class at 6 and dd2 has stopped recently. I think they benefitted and time to move on with other things :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 27  Next