JC Ranking (Page 6)

JC Ranking

Is there life after O/A-Levels? Definitely! How well a person does in tertiary education is correlated with job opportunities open to the person. Discuss issues pertaining to nstitutes of higher learning here.

Postby ivy2007 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:23 pm

ooptimizer wrote:Rough ranking (not in order and exclude sec school which went IP)

Top rank: HCI, RJC, VJC, NJC, TJC

Middle rank: AJC, SAJC, ACJC, NYJC

Bottom rank: The rest.




Where is the place if put in Dumman High School?
ivy2007
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:14 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby xxjustakidxx » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:58 pm

ivy2007 wrote:
ooptimizer wrote:Rough ranking (not in order and exclude sec school which went IP)

Top rank: HCI, RJC, VJC, NJC, TJC

Middle rank: AJC, SAJC, ACJC, NYJC

Bottom rank: The rest.




Where is the place if put in Dumman High School?


IP schools should go inside top rank, somewhere after/between vj/nj
User avatar
xxjustakidxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:44 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby jetslx » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:40 am

my brother is from dunman high ip and based on last years' results i think it's on par with tjc.
jetslx
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:25 am
Total Likes: 0


how to get info of A level passing rate for IP school?

Postby ivy2007 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:36 pm

Thanks a lot, xxjustakidxx, jetslx!

Do you know how to get info of A level passing rate for IP school?
ivy2007
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:14 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: how to get info of A level passing rate for IP school?

Postby xxjustakidxx » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:50 pm

ivy2007 wrote:Thanks a lot, xxjustakidxx, jetslx!

Do you know how to get info of A level passing rate for IP school?


For HCI/RI, the rate is about the same. I'm from HCI(high school) and that's what the principal said
Last edited by xxjustakidxx on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
xxjustakidxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:44 pm
Total Likes: 0



bonus points for CLEP

Postby concerned mom » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Hi , I just saw this post and would appreciate it if anyone can clarify this: does it mean that if you choose CLEP programme, on top of the 2 bonus points for HCI and CCA, there is another 2 bonus points for the CLEP programme? ie if L1R5 is 9 then9 -6 = 3 points ( thought max deduction is 4 points? ) thanks!
concerned mom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:42 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: JC Ranking

Postby hometutors.sg » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:44 pm

julongmum wrote:Hi all,
Wish to know the ranking of our JC/IP/Pre-U here. What's the % of their students eligible for local government Uni? Appreciate yr input



University Entrance 2008

NUS, NTU, SMU total 14,700 places
University applications = 58,606
From A level students = 36,858
From polytechnic graduates = 21,748
% of applicants to university = 25.08% only

Courtesy of www.hometutors.sg
User avatar
hometutors.sg
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:59 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: JC Ranking

Postby verykiasu2010 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:18 pm

hometutors.sg wrote:
julongmum wrote:Hi all,
Wish to know the ranking of our JC/IP/Pre-U here. What's the % of their students eligible for local government Uni? Appreciate yr input



University Entrance 2008

NUS, NTU, SMU total 14,700 places
University applications = 58,606
From A level students = 36,858
From polytechnic graduates = 21,748
% of applicants to university = 25.08% only

Courtesy of www.hometutors.sg


Total number of 'A' Level graduates from Singapore is definitely less than 36,858
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11696
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: JC Ranking

Postby kiasuest2 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:11 am

verykiasu2010 wrote:
hometutors.sg wrote:
julongmum wrote:Hi all,
Wish to know the ranking of our JC/IP/Pre-U here. What's the % of their students eligible for local government Uni? Appreciate yr input



University Entrance 2008

NUS, NTU, SMU total 14,700 places
University applications = 58,606
From A level students = 36,858
From polytechnic graduates = 21,748
% of applicants to university = 25.08% only

Courtesy of www.hometutors.sg


Total number of 'A' Level graduates from Singapore is definitely less than 36,858


According to MOE,

Code: Select all
[font type="courier new"]
Year  No. Sat   No. Passed   % Passed
2009  14,212    12,488       87.9
2008  14,463    12,688       87.7
User avatar
kiasuest2
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:50 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: JC Ranking

Postby concerned mom » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Something wrong with stats- based on moe's website only 14,000 plus students take a levels. Anyone has any info , what percentage of a level students get into our local u? Thanks
concerned mom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:42 pm
Total Likes: 0



PreviousNext

Return to Tertiary Education - A-Levels, Diplomas, Degrees