Tanjong Katong Secondary School (Page 2)

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:31 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tanjong Katong Secondary School
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:26 pm 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

blesseddad wrote:
IMHO, girls only school is the way to go. They are able to grow, develop and excel into a fine lady without the distractions of the opposite sex.

Look at the number of band 1 schools which are all-girls, 6 out of 12. The number says it all.

Just curious, seems like TKGS is the only band 1 school that does not have it own thread in this forum and need to piggyback. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:52 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Called TKSS today.
Has school bus one way only.
Students must be in school by 7:20am daily.
Mon- Thur school ends at 2pm.
Fri school ends at 12:40pm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:22 am 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Just an update.....
DS enjoying himself in TKSS.
The students there seem to be happy.
I also feel an air of happiness and content in the school.
Even the security guard is also cheerful and friendly.

Went for investiture and CCA recruitment fair last saturday.
Each class sent a representative to the stage, where the form teacher pinned the badge for the student.
After that all students pinned the badge on for their classmates.

The teachers are really on the ball!
Term 2 onwards, weaker students will be given remedial lessons!

Any TK'sians here?
How are you, or DS/ DH doing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:46 pm 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Hi CAREBEAR .. I'm a parent of TKSS too. Me & DS hv only gd thgs to talk abt. Awesome support frm teachers & parents ! We really feel welcomed. The security uncles very approachable, friendly and the pakcik real joker la..

Their O level result is SUPERB !! BRAVO to our Teachers ! Hope our kids will do well too :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:52 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Just to express my satisfaction and thanks to all who organized the TK1 nite, which gave parents the opportunity to meet up with the principal, and subject teachers of sec 1 students. I am also so impressed by the parent volunteers who sacrificed their invaluable time to make the saturday night an enjoyable and memorable experience.

My DS is enjoying himself very much.
There is a parent portal in the school's website to update parents on the events that are happening in the school, eg term tests, etc.
This is extremely useful as my DS tends to be quite forgetful.

Post subject: is there any open house for TKSS
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:05 am 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Hi, am new to this forum,

would like to check if there is any open house for TKSS during this period? Would appreicate any feed back on this school?

Post subject: Re: is there any open house for TKSS
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:17 pm 
Councillor
Councillor

stsl wrote:

would like to check if there is any open house for TKSS during this period? Would appreicate any feed back on this school?

yes, TKSS does have open house
but i remembered as for last year, my gal received the sch booklet regarding open hse (and some other info) somewhere during the third term or later.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:46 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

stsl wrote:

Hi stsl, you can go to their website.
You may like to check on their achievements here :
http://www.tanjongkatongsec.moe.edu.sg/awards.html

Before the PSLE results were released last year, i did not consider sending my DS to the school. But on closer look at its achievements, especially the academic part, i was so impressed that i turned down the offer of his DSA school and applied for tkss.
My DS who was also so determined on going to his DSA school ( which was too far away from home), changed his mind after he attended the tk open house (mini open house) which was held again after the results were released.

There's something about tk that i cannot describe in words.
It is the spirit there.
The students are so happy, the principal is kind and supportive, the teachers are enthusiastic, the parent volunteers are so eager, and even the security guard is so cheerful.
My DS is really enjoying himself there.
He is enjoying his studies as well as his CCA.
Even my DD who is in P5 this year is also considering going to tk next time.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:50 pm 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

carebear wrote:
stsl wrote:

Hi stsl, you can go to their website.
You may like to check on their achievements here :
http://www.tanjongkatongsec.moe.edu.sg/awards.html

Before the PSLE results were released last year, i did not consider sending my DS to the school. But on closer look at its achievements, especially the academic part, i was so impressed that i turned down the offer of his DSA school and applied for tkss.
My DS who was also so determined on going to his DSA school ( which was too far away from home), changed his mind after he attended the tk open house (mini open house) which was held again after the results were released.

There's something about tk that i cannot describe in words.
It is the spirit there.
The students are so happy, the principal is kind and supportive, the teachers are enthusiastic, the parent volunteers are so eager, and even the security guard is so cheerful.
My DS is really enjoying himself there.
He is enjoying his studies as well as his CCA.
Even my DD who is in P5 this year is also considering going to tk next time.

many thanks for all your feedback, my DD is considering going to this school as I also found out from the website that their overall achievement is impressive. It is very near to where we stay too.. hopefully she can make it to go there. Guess I will have to keep an lookout for open school, as I called the school 2 months ago, the lady told me they do not have any open house but I can just walk in to see.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:23 am 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

stsl wrote:
many thanks for all your feedback, my DD is considering going to this school as I also found out from the website that their overall achievement is impressive. It is very near to where we stay too.. hopefully she can make it to go there. Guess I will have to keep an lookout for open school, as I called the school 2 months ago, the lady told me they do not have any open house but I can just walk in to see.

My DS is in TKSS. He speaks highly of the school and enjoyed himself there. A good balance school, I should say. Teachers and students are like friends there. Very committed principal and teachers. They will make sure you are aware of your child performance and behaviour. His friends are also very well discipline type. I was very impressed by the students council when recently I attended the Parents-meeting session. Very well organised and behaved. When you seems a little lost of not knowing where to go, the teachers or students will come to you any moment. You don't even have to approach them : ) Very committed. My son always talk about his school life during dinner. So, you can see how much he respected the school. No regrets :love:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next