How long does your kids' school shoes last? (Page 2)

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:28 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:41 pm 
Councillor
Councillor

So its normal for kids to change the shoes every 6mths? :?
I dun remember I changed my shoes so frequent during my school days.
I bought 2 pairs of shoes (different material) from Bata too for my DD. One pair seems to become slightly small for her as she complained that her toes are hurt. Will have to buy another pair for her this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:05 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

We bought two pairs of BATA shoes for DS1 in Jan 2010 and he rotates the two during the week, maid will wash both pairs over the wkend... So far DW and DS1 did not raise to me that school shoes need to be changed.. So I guess still ok :pray:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:39 pm 
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

I think it all depends on the kids. DS shoe usually last for one term, 3 months, and we have 2 pairs for him to change and wash every week. We bought Bata in the beginning and even got him a New Balance once, and even these supposedly branded one also cannot last on his feet. So now, buy cheap cheap one. DD is the other extreme, shoes can't seems to spoil, till she outgrow them, be it the better one or the cheap one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:47 am 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

I agree that it really depends on the the child. In addition, I believe the quality of shoes worn play a part too.

I felt that BATA shoes these days are really good in quality compared to those I wore during my days. Ds tends to outgrow the shoes rather than seeing the shoes spoilt due to wear and tear. Then again, he doesn't grow very fast these days so the shoes are probably changed around 9 months. The older he get, he probably will need to change it less frequent or we will change it more due to wear and tear later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:34 am 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

hardworking_mom wrote:
I see. So ds Bata shoes can last for 2 terms still not too bad. Actually I have bought another backup shoe but never open up to use. So it's time to change.. His uniform only 2 sets also seem worn-out. Have to constantly remind him not to dirty them during tea-break time. Think the PE t-shirt look the worst. Now ds' weekend clothes can last longer since he only wears them more during school holidays/weekend.

My son's shoes can last at least half a year, (at least till now thank god!) But I can't say the same for his PE T-shirt. I have already changed the whole T-shirt collection once and now the 2nd collection looks worn out and dirty. Looks like a trip to the uniform shop is imminent. Are there any tips on how to wash terribly dirty Ts? Please advice, thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:15 am 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Dd rotates betwen the 3 pairs of Bata school shoes that she has. It can last her a year. ( 4 terms to be exact)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:37 pm 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

For my kid, the shoes can last about 4 to 6 months. Consider not bad, as sometimes she can be quite rough, and clumsy (didn't watch wear she is walking or stepping on). =.=

Post subject: School Shoes!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:28 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Any experienced parents can advise me on the best school shoes?

I have been putting my son in white shoes from Bata, those that don't require washing.... but the sales person that advises that the ventilation in those shoes are poor because it is essentially PVC ie the material doesn't breathe like fabric does.

Are there any good school shoes in PVC materials with good ventilation?

Many moons ago, i bought one from KL Isetan.
It meets my criteria ... PVC with many ventilation holes, under this brand "CITY".
I can't find the same shoe in SG.

Anyone with recommendations, or know where i can buy that CITY brand of school shoes in singapore?

THANK YOU !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:37 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Bata : buy and throw away

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:33 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

verykiasu2010 wrote:
Bata : buy and throw away

LOL !! we say that in my family too!
hahahahaha but erm, its true!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next