2011 P1 Registration Exercise for 2012 In-Take (Page 273)

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:00 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276 ... 318  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2011 P1 Registration Exercise for 2012 In-Take
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:46 am 
Councillor
Councillor

lih_rabbit wrote:
Acutally, it depends on the school. My friend whose child is registered under Phase 2A2 @ Rulang heard nothing from them. And our senior has been telling us that no news means good news. That mean don't need to ballot.

lih_rabbit wrote:
Acutally, it depends on the school. My friend whose child is registered under Phase 2A2 @ Rulang heard nothing from them. And our senior has been telling us that no news means good news. That mean don't need to ballot.

i agree that it depends on the school. Call up Rulang and ask when you will receive the letter. You may only receive it after all the phases are over..

Phase 2A2 is over and for sure all are in and definitely no balloting for this phase (at least never before). And even if balloting is required, it will definitely be indicated in MOE website and KSP! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:39 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

lih_rabbit wrote:

2A2.. by now should receive a confirmation letter..

If there's bal from the vacancies.. confirmed no need to ballot..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:05 am 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Headline news today Singapore Scene, 3 August 2011

the BIG debate over PARENT VOLUNTEERS:-

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singapor ... 29599.html

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:53 am 
Councillor
Councillor

phtthp wrote:
Headline news today Singapore Scene, 3 August 2011

the BIG debate over PARENT VOLUNTEERS:-

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singapor ... 29599.html

I would definitely take this article with a pinch of salt. This writer didn't even get the facts correct. For example in this section only, you go figure how many errors there are already.. :roll:

"It is not surprising to see long lines of parents huddling overnight outside popular tuition centres, waiting to enrol their children when the centres open.

With this frenetic local preoccupation and tens of thousands of foreign children coming here to study, allocation of places has become a hot potato.

The education ministry has put in place a registration system giving priority to Singaporeans and PRs, with the first option being given to children of former students.

The second is reserved for families who live within 1km of the school.

Next is given to members of an association or a religious group, followed by community grassroots workers.

And if there are too many applicants, the parent volunteers — or PVs — are given preference but without guarantee
."

Need i say more.. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:06 am 
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

RRMummy wrote:
I would definitely take this article with a pinch of salt. This writer didn't even get the facts correct. For example in this section only, you go figure how many errors there are already. :roll:

The education ministry has put in place a registration system giving priority to Singaporeans and PRs, with the first option being given to children of former students.

The second is reserved for families who live within 1km of the school.

Next is given to members of an association or a religious group, followed by community grassroots workers.

And if there are too many applicants, the parent volunteers — or PVs — are given preference but without guarantee
."

Need i say more.. :roll:

:hi5:

When I saw the above, I simply brushed this article off.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:19 am 
Councillor
Councillor

qms wrote:
:hi5:

When I saw the above, I simply brushed this article off.

Yalor... some may have all the wrong impression and be miss imformed.. :slapshead:

I wonder if it is too much to ask that people would write responsibly... :shrug:

p.s qms, i hope you don't mind editing your quote above. I don't want others to get the wrong impression that those were my comments. I mean in case some one doesn't read my comments entirely. TIA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:25 am 
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

RRMummy wrote:
Yalor... some may have all the wrong impression and be miss imformed.. :slapshead:

I wonder if it is too much to ask that people would write responsibly... :shrug:

:shrug: Maybe the writer is also involved in this year's registration, and too emotional to think correctly? :scratchhead:

RRMummy wrote:
p.s qms, i hope you don't mind editing your quote above. I don't want others to get the wrong impression that those were my comments. I mean in case some one doesn't read my comments entirely. TIA

No worries! Sorry, I should have indicated somewhere that it was extracted from the article, rather than from you. I took the short way out and kept the different colour font instead. Sorry if I had caused any misunderstanding.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:11 pm 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

I think the above is from someone that comment on the writeup not the writter himself

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:45 pm 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

wonder if orientation take a day or different day for different phrase for PRI one

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:33 pm 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Hi

I got my child into De La Salle at Phase 2B and I would really like to thank all of you for your comments and advice as this forum has really guided me through the process

I started reading this forum in early 2010 without any knowledge of what I had to do. After reading through, I almost had a heart attack at the phases and things that I needed to consider.

I quickly plan for options and finally served as PV early 2011. I am really appreciative.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276 ... 318  Next