Science Enrichment/Tuition for P4 (Page 10)

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:16 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Science Enrichment/Tuition for P4
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:20 am 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Hi Laurenwkids,
Understand that your DS is in Mastery Learning Center for Science.
Can comment and give me your opinion about the materials and the teachers?
My DS is currently in MindStretcher but recently has a change of teacher and this new teacher doesn't teach and just rush through the worksheets in class. DS has been complaining so am looking for a new center.
Am considering Mastery Bishan, Perceptum or Science edventure...can anyone give me some advices.
Many thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:36 am 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Hi Dreammom,

I am not sure about Perceptum or Science edventure but for Mastery, their worksheets are quite tough but the teacher will go through in detail and explain clearly to the kids how to use key words to answer and her explanation of concepts are very clear. I feel for science, it is important that the teacher is very clear.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:38 am 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

My friend is at Perceptum, she sends her kids to the bukit timah branch, she says the teachers there are good. I think there is a Jason there that is quite a good teacher.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:28 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Thank you for your advice. :smile:
It is indeed impt to have the teacher going through and explaining in details. MindStretcher's notes are are quite good actually but am very disappointed with the new teacher as she's a kill joy and making DS losing interests in the class. Thus need to withdraw him asap before it reflect on the next SA2.
From other thread about perceptum, their classes in bishan branch are full so am not going to wait for a space.
Think Jason is from Science edventure, heard he's known to give very good notes too. But so far no one actually gives any comments on his teaching and his class.
Now its down to either Mastery or Science edventure i guess... :idea:

May I know did your DS's result improve after attending Mastery Science?
The class size?
Did they do experiments in class?

By the way, I am also lookinhg for maths class.
Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:51 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Science Edventure is a small centre (no branches, no franchises) at Bishan Blk 269.. Mr Jason Lim is the founder/owner/principal/teacher, you name it, of the centre.. Basically it is an OMO (One Man Operation) centre, very low-profile (no advertisement, no long list of Top PSLE Scorers on Notice Board).. I could not even find the place when I first went there, as it is located 'underground' (bomb shelter)!

When I finally went into the centre, I was impressed with its interior deco & setup.. Very cosy, with big classrooms and a Lab, and lots of nice specimens displayed on the walls.. The centre is not open during school holidays as there are no lessons conducted during school holidays.. My DS attended the holiday workshop last weekend, and he enjoyed himself very much..I have no comments on its regular lessons though.. DS learnt about the holiday workshop from his classmates, who attend tuition at Science Edventure..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:15 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Many thanks firefly38.
I can't seems to find any information about Science edventure too other than a FB that's not very active since last year.
Thus will need to seek advice from parents who has send their chid there for upfront experiences and remarks.
Have browse through Mastery Learning Ctr website and found their "mapping" way rather interesting.
Will call the ctr and check them out over the weekends.
At the meantime, do hope to have more views from parents about these 2 ctrs.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:58 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Hi dreamom,

My kid's marks improved by 4 marks, not a lot but only joined for 2 months but I like the way the concepts are explained so I am fine with it. Class size is 10 kids for my kids class other classes I am not too sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:55 am 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Anyone heard of Joanne Science, located in Bishan (near Salvation Army)? Appreciate your comments & feedback. Thanks in advance..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:35 pm 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Hi

Anyone interested in the Science tuition at Kakit Bukit CC (Bedok) - new class - Wed. I intend to send my son there. However, it needs 4 pax to kick start the class.

Anyone interested?
Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:15 pm 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Any private science tutors to recommend? ideally can come to my place too. my kids' schedule too packed for me to send them everywhere!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next