Crescent Girls' School (Page 33)

Crescent Girls' School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Re: Crescent Girls' School

Postby Haneyi » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:24 pm

seestar wrote:Hi, any sec 2 mummies or girls here ?

May I know what now often do u work on your tablet ? Or how often do the teachers make use of the tablet to do work with you girls ?

Do u girls use the textbooks ?

Bcos many of my friends DD & DS from other Schs often did not use most of their textbooks.

Thanx

Would like to know this too!

My mom's friend is a Chinese teacher there and she mentioned that students will be using the tablet frequently, don't need a lot of books. However, I was :yikes: when I saw the book list.
User avatar
Haneyi
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:10 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: Crescent Girls' School

Postby Brenda10 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:41 pm

seestar wrote:Hi, any sec 2 mummies or girls here ?

May I know what now often do u work on your tablet ? Or how often do the teachers make use of the tablet to do work with you girls ?

Do u girls use the textbooks ?

Bcos many of my friends DD & DS from other Schs often did not use most of their textbooks.

Thanx


DD says that for history and chinese, they use the textbooks more often. However, they use the slate pc alot when it comes to comm arts, LSCEP lessons(computer class), math, music and art as well will sometimes use the pc. As for homework, there will be alot of assignments assigned by email.

BTW, this is just a brief info. given before she goes to sleep.
User avatar
Brenda10
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5027
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:43 pm
Total Likes: 3


Re: Crescent Girls' School

Postby seestar » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:45 am

Brenda10 wrote:
seestar wrote:Hi, any sec 2 mummies or girls here ?

May I know what now often do u work on your tablet ? Or how often do the teachers make use of the tablet to do work with you girls ?

Do u girls use the textbooks ?

Bcos many of my friends DD & DS from other Schs often did not use most of their textbooks.

Thanx


DD says that for history and chinese, they use the textbooks more often. However, they use the slate pc alot when it comes to comm arts, LSCEP lessons(computer class), math, music and art as well will sometimes use the pc. As for homework, there will be alot of assignments assigned by email.



BTW, this is just a brief info. given before she goes to sleep.



The books amounted to about $300++. :yikes: :yikes: and that's only for 1 child. Imagine those that have triplets...
seestar
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 11:47 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Crescent Girls' School

Postby Chip n Dale » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:16 am

seestar wrote:
Brenda10 wrote:
seestar wrote:Hi, any sec 2 mummies or girls here ?

May I know what now often do u work on your tablet ? Or how often do the teachers make use of the tablet to do work with you girls ?

Do u girls use the textbooks ?

Bcos many of my friends DD & DS from other Schs often did not use most of their textbooks.

Thanx


DD says that for history and chinese, they use the textbooks more often. However, they use the slate pc alot when it comes to comm arts, LSCEP lessons(computer class), math, music and art as well will sometimes use the pc. As for homework, there will be alot of assignments assigned by email.



BTW, this is just a brief info. given before she goes to sleep.



The books amounted to about $300++. :yikes: :yikes: and that's only for 1 child. Imagine those that have triplets...


Morning,
Don't worry.
From what I know, Sec 1 currently using Sec 2 Eng n Sci textbks are meant
for 2 years. So next yr, yr DD need not buy these textbks.
Chip n Dale
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:29 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Crescent Girls' School

Postby seestar » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:25 am

Morning.

I still feel that it is getting out of hand. I can imagine those with a few children or worse, those with twins or triplets. No wonder the birth rate is getting lower.
What about the plight families that marginally missed the financial assistance requirement ??

I'm sure its not just this Sch that has costly textbook list... Sigh...
seestar
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 11:47 am
Total Likes: 0



Re: Crescent Girls' School

Postby Brenda10 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:54 am

Chip n Dale wrote:
seestar wrote:
Brenda10 wrote:DD says that for history and chinese, they use the textbooks more often. However, they use the slate pc alot when it comes to comm arts, LSCEP lessons(computer class), math, music and art as well will sometimes use the pc. As for homework, there will be alot of assignments assigned by email.



BTW, this is just a brief info. given before she goes to sleep.



The books amounted to about $300++. :yikes: :yikes: and that's only for 1 child. Imagine those that have triplets...


Morning,
Don't worry.
From what I know, Sec 1 currently using Sec 2 Eng n Sci textbks are meant
for 2 years. So next yr, yr DD need not buy these textbks.



Yes, we spent lesser for Sec 2 Text books.

We don’t need to buy Science, Geography, One of the EL Book and Design & Tech.

Those files can also recycle.

We spent about $113++ for the text books.
User avatar
Brenda10
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5027
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:43 pm
Total Likes: 3


Re: Crescent Girls' School

Postby Chip n Dale » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:56 am

Hi,
Just saw that Sec 1 students using Sec 2 Geography textbk. How come not Sec 1 textbk instead?
Chip n Dale
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:29 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Crescent Girls' School

Postby name » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:53 pm

On registration day i remembered that there were some things that were outstanding. They toldus to keep the receipt andclaim it when school reopens. Can anyone recall what is/are the items? Lost my receipt.
name
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:03 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Crescent Girls' School

Postby seestar » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:17 pm

Just came back from the bookshop in Sch. The Math E- book stil not here. The vendor lady said to check again 2 weeks later.

"Bump" into my DD , she told me that during recess she only grabbed a Pao. There were long Qs, as not all stalls were opened today.
seestar
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 11:47 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Crescent Girls' School

Postby Haneyi » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:54 pm

seestar wrote:Just came back from the bookshop in Sch. The Math E- book stil not here. The vendor lady said to check again 2 weeks later.

"Bump" into my DD , she told me that during recess she only grabbed a Pao. There were long Qs, as not all stalls were opened today.

Really? o-o When I went down for recess, the queues were rather short ( probably because my class was the first / second to reach :lol: ). Not a lot of people stayed in the canteen for long though - they disappeared after a while.

I love the chicken rice, tastes ten times better than the one in my Primary school! :wink:
User avatar
Haneyi
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:10 pm
Total Likes: 2



PreviousNext

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups