Crescent Girls' School (Page 33)

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:58 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crescent Girls' School
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:24 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

seestar wrote:
Hi, any sec 2 mummies or girls here ?

May I know what now often do u work on your tablet ? Or how often do the teachers make use of the tablet to do work with you girls ?

Do u girls use the textbooks ?

Bcos many of my friends DD & DS from other Schs often did not use most of their textbooks.

Thanx

Would like to know this too!

My mom's friend is a Chinese teacher there and she mentioned that students will be using the tablet frequently, don't need a lot of books. However, I was :yikes: when I saw the book list.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:41 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

seestar wrote:

May I know what now often do u work on your tablet ? Or how often do the teachers make use of the tablet to do work with you girls ?

Bcos many of my friends DD & DS from other Schs often did not use most of their textbooks.

Thanx

DD says that for history and chinese, they use the textbooks more often. However, they use the slate pc alot when it comes to comm arts, LSCEP lessons(computer class), math, music and art as well will sometimes use the pc. As for homework, there will be alot of assignments assigned by email.

BTW, this is just a brief info. given before she goes to sleep.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:45 am 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Brenda10 wrote:
seestar wrote:

Thanx

DD says that for history and chinese, they use the textbooks more often. However, they use the slate pc alot when it comes to comm arts, LSCEP lessons(computer class), math, music and art as well will sometimes use the pc. As for homework, there will be alot of assignments assigned by email.

The books amounted to about $300++. :yikes: :yikes: and that's only for 1 child. Imagine those that have triplets...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:16 am 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

seestar wrote:
Brenda10 wrote:
seestar wrote:

Thanx

The books amounted to about $300++. :yikes: :yikes: and that's only for 1 child. Imagine those that have triplets...

Morning,
Don't worry.
From what I know, Sec 1 currently using Sec 2 Eng n Sci textbks are meant
for 2 years. So next yr, yr DD need not buy these textbks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:25 am 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Morning.

I still feel that it is getting out of hand. I can imagine those with a few children or worse, those with twins or triplets. No wonder the birth rate is getting lower.
What about the plight families that marginally missed the financial assistance requirement ??

I'm sure its not just this Sch that has costly textbook list... Sigh...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:54 am 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Chip n Dale wrote:
seestar wrote:
Brenda10 wrote:

Morning,
Don't worry.
From what I know, Sec 1 currently using Sec 2 Eng n Sci textbks are meant
for 2 years. So next yr, yr DD need not buy these textbks.

Yes, we spent lesser for Sec 2 Text books.

We don’t need to buy Science, Geography, One of the EL Book and Design & Tech.

Those files can also recycle.

We spent about $113++ for the text books.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:56 am 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Hi,
Just saw that Sec 1 students using Sec 2 Geography textbk. How come not Sec 1 textbk instead?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:53 pm 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

On registration day i remembered that there were some things that were outstanding. They toldus to keep the receipt andclaim it when school reopens. Can anyone recall what is/are the items? Lost my receipt.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:17 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Just came back from the bookshop in Sch. The Math E- book stil not here. The vendor lady said to check again 2 weeks later.

"Bump" into my DD , she told me that during recess she only grabbed a Pao. There were long Qs, as not all stalls were opened today.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:54 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

seestar wrote:
Just came back from the bookshop in Sch. The Math E- book stil not here. The vendor lady said to check again 2 weeks later.

"Bump" into my DD , she told me that during recess she only grabbed a Pao. There were long Qs, as not all stalls were opened today.

Really? o-o When I went down for recess, the queues were rather short ( probably because my class was the first / second to reach :lol: ). Not a lot of people stayed in the canteen for long though - they disappeared after a while.

I love the chicken rice, tastes ten times better than the one in my Primary school! :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 60  Next