Philips Air Fryer

Philips Air Fryer

KiasuParents are not only kiasu about our children - we are serious when it comes to good food. Discuss all culinary matters here, from cooking to buffets or fine dining.

Philips Air Fryer

Postby heyhoe » Fri May 06, 2011 12:10 pm

Anyone bought Philips Air Fryer? Just wondering if the food taste as good?

Cheers!
heyhoe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Philips Air Fryer

Postby QuiteKSMum » Fri May 06, 2011 12:45 pm

Think there was a review by a journalist for the ST a couple of mths back. If rem correctly, the taste cannot be compared to the deep -frying, traditional style. For the cost of $300 plus ( I think), they think might as well get an oven...hope my memory doesn't fail me. Maybe you can google for that article?

P.S I'm one of those still on the look out for "machines" wh can give me fried food wh tastes like fried food, but doesn't make my kitchen messy/oily. Also, not as "unhealthy", ie not as much oil needed for the frying... :smile:
QuiteKSMum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby LOLMum » Sun May 08, 2011 4:36 pm

There was a demo/sales at centrepoint last week for this brand (if i remember correctly) with small group of pp round staff when i walked past it a few times.

i was pretty interested when i read about it in some articels but decided not to in case it collects dust in my storeroom like some of my purchases.
LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Sun May 08, 2011 5:06 pm

QuiteKSMum wrote:Think there was a review by a journalist for the ST a couple of mths back. If rem correctly, the taste cannot be compared to the deep -frying, traditional style. For the cost of $300 plus ( I think), they think might as well get an oven...hope my memory doesn't fail me. Maybe you can google for that article?

P.S I'm one of those still on the look out for "machines" wh can give me fried food wh tastes like fried food, but doesn't make my kitchen messy/oily. Also, not as "unhealthy", ie not as much oil needed for the frying... :smile:

I read that article too. I think it was written by Tan Hsueh Yun. Like what QKSMum mentioned, the reviewer feedback that one is better off using the oven instead of the air fryer
schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby peterch » Sun May 08, 2011 8:24 pm

I noticed this product this afternoon at Takashimaya and I tasted the french fries that 'fried' using this fryer. Not much difference but I didn't see the frying process. :D
Last edited by peterch on Mon May 16, 2011 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peterch
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby LOLMum » Mon May 16, 2011 1:10 pm

hi heyhoe,

i saw this product at ntuc bukit timah plaza going for $349.00.
LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby carebear » Mon May 16, 2011 1:31 pm

peterch wrote:I noticed this product this afternoon at Takashimaya and I tasted the french fries that 'fried' using this fryer. Not much difference but I didn't see the frying process. :D

Really ah....that's good.
Always tot the conventional frying method is better.
I saw some demo on youtube.
Seems like you can only fry a small amount each time?
carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby CJS » Wed May 18, 2011 10:27 am

The salesman told me it works like a turbo boiler except it uses heated air currents which will circulate and the food tastes more like roasted than fried. Hence, I think it is not worth buying unless you don't have a conventional oven or turbo boiler.
CJS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby heyhoe » Tue May 24, 2011 9:20 am

I just like gadgets like this. Imagine able to fry and without oil. Seems healthy and minimum fuss on the cleaning.

However, I already have an oven so if it taste like baked, no point purchasing it. Hopefully, someone who has purchased and use it can give us a review.
heyhoe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby hquek » Tue May 24, 2011 9:48 am

Philips carnival sale this weekend at Toa Payoh!
hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Tuckshop