Jurong Christian Church Kindergarten (Page 2)

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:27 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:27 am 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Im also comtemplating between Jurong Christian Church and Jurong Calvary Church

Feel the JCCK teachers and princial are warm and friendly

JCK principal look stern...teacher wise any feedback?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:35 am 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Hi aqualuna, i heard my friends said that JCK is academically-oriented and they just renovated a few years back. I called up to the school to enquire last week but apparently the school is full so can only put on waiting list. Personally i feel that the principal is not very approachable whereas JCCK is warm and friendly but the school is slightly old and simple. In terms of their curriculum will meet up with the principal next wednesday.
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:14 am 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Hi

Ya rite, i have got a place in jck but i agrêe the principal is less approachable.

so am still contemplating betwêen the preschơols

how do u fêel abt the st francis and curriculum....well enuff to prepare them to P1?

hv u bêen to jcck? jcck have different areas to conduct music lessons, assembly, lessons, eating etc. veri much like a pri sch

where do u stay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:47 am 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Hi you're quite lucky to get a place in JCK. You went for the balloting exercise last week? I only get to realise that the school had already open up the registration to the public last thursday. When i called up the principal, she said that the vacanies are all fully taken up. :( I'm staying in Jurong West St 61. Went to JCCK last sat but did not managed to speak to the principal. Will be meeting her next wednesday to take a look at the curriculum. I only saw the environment and feel that it's quite old. U mean you are still contemplating betwêen the JCCK and JCK even though you got a place in JCK? Did you pay any deposit? Me still confused le.. Dun know whether to take JCCK or St Francis Assisi Kindergarten? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:56 am 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

yup went thru balloting and pay a deposit. but the principal didnt show me ard the sch or gimme much info of what the sch offer when i asked. thru forum it does seem the sch is good

i went twice to jcck, yes the sch is old but the principal is veri warm and friendly lor

sfa seem ok oso, is non-aircon..that is what i like

but for both jcck and sfa, not much review of academic wise...

so i also :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:36 pm 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

So what is your advice on JCCK and St Francis Assisi Kindergarten? Still on dilemma whether which one will be a better choice for my boy? :? Did you manage to discuss with JCCK principal regarding their curriculum? So why are you still contemplating between other kindergartens since you already got a place in JCK? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:13 am 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Both the environment and principals are warm and friendly.

Curriculum wise i felt rather similar. So I hv decided on sfa as it is nearer to my caregiver's location.

As for JCK, it is through forum that i read that it is good but unfortunately the principal didnt give me a good impression

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:34 am 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Hi so you paid the deposit for JCK and decided to drop out? Have you inform the principal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:03 am 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Hi mummies,

My boy is now in St Fransis, nursery 1. I enrolled him as I remembered the kindergarten has organised many excursions, which I like. But throughout the whole of term 1, there's none. There isn't any orientation at the beginning of the year and so far, there is no meet the parent session. I guess cos there is a change of Principal. It seems like this school is always changing Principals. Somemore the school fees is much higher than JCCK and JCK. So I am thinking of changing to JCCK.

My sil's kids are in JCK, she says the kindergarten is very good, giving good academic education. But I prefer one with Nursery 1 so that my girl can join her brother when she turns 3.

In a dilemma....

Anyway, JCK has no vacancies alr is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:43 pm 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

I just enroll my boy to JCCK after 2 weeks of consideration between St Francis Assisi Kindergarten & JCCK. They have English & Chinese reading programme where the readers are charged separately. The worksheets and miscellaneous charges are charged separately too. School Fees is @ $140.00 per month (inclusive of English, Maths, Chinese,Simple Science & Technology & Phonics lessons)and Optional Computer lessons (incorporated into the school hours) is @ $114.00 per term. They do have enrichment programmes such as Speech & Drama, Art & Crafts and etc which is hold after school hours in the afternoon. They are running Ednoland programme, Multiple Intelligences (MI) Resources and Thematic Learning Modules for their daily curriculum.