P6 School Exam Result

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:25 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum rules

Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Post subject: P6 School Exam Result
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:40 am 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Hi

My boy got his English result for SA1 back on Fri. A shock for him, myself & my husdand for the 1st time he score 61/100. This is the first time his score so low usually his score 80 & abt. A draft check with his friend in another class seem like many of them score around the same.

When I get him to do the last year paper for his school & other schools he still score around 80+.

Is this very common? Worry PSLE is 7 mths away.

thank.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:52 am 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

I tot the last exam was CA1 Not SA ? Cause SA is mid year Exam . Correc me if I am wrong ... :? Or may be PSLE is diff as lower pri ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:53 am 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Sorry. Yes CA1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:02 am 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

It seems like a strategy played by schools, nowadays. These schools, including mine, like to mark the students result down in CA1 and SA1, so you get panic and study hard subsquently or engage tuition. You may realise in CA2 and SA2, the students results become better. This also shows "making continuous improvement"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:07 am 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

I do hear parent saying tat previously. Hope tat is what happen. Can see tat my boy is stress and so are we. Don't to push him or not, he is doing revision everyday. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:44 pm 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Find out the school average or class average score to determine where your child stands. Don't panic unnecessarily because many schools are using this "scare" tactic. I do not rely on the "score" but rather the school average or class average score to gauge my daughter's performance. She is in P6 too. My target to her is like "xx" marks above the average score (and increase a bit in each term) and not looking at the actual score itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:04 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Thank westmom

Will find out from teacher when have teacher meet parent session.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:54 pm 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

I agree with ApronMama. School these days usually raise their standand up so as to get the pupils be on their toes. My boy is in P6 too. Questions set by the school is often very tough as compared to the P6 pass year papers. Focus on the performance and improvement and support the weakness. Good luck to all our P6 warrior!!