ACSI IB Year 5 Amission

ACSI IB Year 5 Amission

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

ACSI IB Year 5 Amission

Postby SingaporeGirl » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:38 pm

Hi,

I'm basically a Secondary 4 IP student this year. However, I am very interested in the IB programme by ACSI. Hence since I would not be taking my O'levels at the end of this year, the only way in which I can transfer to ACS would be by their yearly admission test which consists of an English, Math and Science paper.

So I was just writing here today in hope that someone might be able to shed some light on what those tests would be like or if there is any way to prepare. I'm kinda nervous because it costs $300 to take those tests so I don't really want to screw it up...

Also it would be nice if any IP student from other schools had transferred to ACS and would like to share their experience here?

Cheers
SingaporeGirl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: ACSI IB Year 5 Amission

Postby verykiasu2010 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:50 pm

I thought Singapore Girl is from Singapore Airlines :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby phtthp » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:59 pm

me too! :laugh:

i was wondering why SIA girl doing with ACSI ? :wrongmove:
phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby UncleLim » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:56 am

SingaporeGirl wrote:Hi,

I'm basically a Secondary 4 IP student this year. However, I am very interested in the IB programme by ACSI. Hence since I would not be taking my O'levels at the end of this year, the only way in which I can transfer to ACS would be by their yearly admission test which consists of an English, Math and Science paper.

So I was just writing here today in hope that someone might be able to shed some light on what those tests would be like or if there is any way to prepare. I'm kinda nervous because it costs $300 to take those tests so I don't really want to screw it up...

Also it would be nice if any IP student from other schools had transferred to ACS and would like to share their experience here?

Cheers

Dear SingaporeGirl,

I do not know about the test but this route is common. I know a GEP girl from RGS who went to ACS(I) at year 5. She did very well and was one of the perfect scorers with the full 45 points. She is in the US now, unsurprisingly in an Ivy league uni. :smile:
UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Lynn2010 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:17 pm

UncleLim wrote:

Cheers

Dear SingaporeGirl,

I do not know about the test but this route is common. I know a GEP girl from RGS who went to ACS(I) at year 5. She did very well and was one of the perfect scorers with the full 45 points. She is in the US now, unsurprisingly in an Ivy league uni. :smile:

Uncle Lim,
Do you mind sharing which US Ivy League uni and what course she's taking?
Do you know if US favours IB than GCE A?
Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby UncleLim » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:07 pm

Lynn2010 wrote:
UncleLim wrote:

Cheers

Dear SingaporeGirl,

Uncle Lim,
Do you mind sharing which US Ivy League uni and what course she's taking?
Do you know if US favours IB than GCE A?

Hi Lyn2010, she went to uPenn. Liberal Arts. :smile:
UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby SingaporeGirl » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:12 am

Uncle Lim,

Thanks so much for replying. Whao Ivy League? She must be really good then. Still undecided as to whether I should try. I think I'll probably ring ACS up tomorrow to get a little bit more information or something. Fingers-crossed that they won't get pissed off. :)
SingaporeGirl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Snow Crystal » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:30 am

Cheers

SingaporeGirl - can you please share with us what are the major pull and push factors for thinking of transferring from your current IP to ACSI IB? Are you a more Science or Humanities student? Are you thinking of going overseas and feels that ACSI IB is more broad based and recognized? Sorry for aunty's so many questions :sweat: because I am curious about the thought process of a girl who wants to transfer from IP to ACSI IB. I admire your ability to seek alternatives and give some serious thoughts about your future at this age :rahrah: most ppl just go with the flow. Thanks. Btw your nick is cool :boogie:
Snow Crystal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:46 am

Snow Crystal wrote:
Btw your nick is cool :boogie:

in sarong kebaya every day Image
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby twilight » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:03 pm

According to my senior, many RGS girls transfer to ACSI. Not sure how many though, but she said they're one of the top girls feeder school, along with MGS. Her friend from RGS thinks IB system is superior to A levels. In terms of what, I'm not sure. But then again, the only way for a girl to enter ACSI is in year 5.
twilight
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support