English Tuition (Page 2)

English Tuition

Use this forum if you are looking for individual services (eg. Part-time maid, tutors, plumber) KiasuParents.com takes no responsibility for any transactions that take place here.
Last post expiry: 365 days

Re: English Tuition

Postby ppnqq » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:27 am

Yes Kitty2, please do share more. Like I've mentioned, its also in the north area, Yishun. Appreciate if you can share the rate here and why do you say she is that good. Btw, does she knows what the current secondary school syllabus, the format and styles required (because it is very different from primary schools')? TIA.
User avatar
ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:35 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: English Tuition

Postby ppnqq » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:28 am

curvette wrote:What is the jounalist's rate? Isn't pri to jc range quite wide?
I also know of a school teacher from girls' sec school giving English tuition (group and individual) in the northeast area.


Hi curvette, mind sharing more info on yours too please? TIA.
User avatar
ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:35 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: English Tuition

Postby kitty2 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:59 am

ppnqq wrote:Yes Kitty2, please do share more. Like I've mentioned, its also in the north area, Yishun. Appreciate if you can share the rate here and why do you say she is that good. Btw, does she knows what the current secondary school syllabus, the format and styles required (because it is very different from primary schools')? TIA.


Sorry,she doesn't go to Yishun.
kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1525
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:01 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: English Tuition

Postby ppnqq » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:38 pm

kitty2 wrote:
ppnqq wrote:Yes Kitty2, please do share more. Like I've mentioned, its also in the north area, Yishun. Appreciate if you can share the rate here and why do you say she is that good. Btw, does she knows what the current secondary school syllabus, the format and styles required (because it is very different from primary schools')? TIA.


Sorry,she doesn't go to Yishun.


Is that so? But I thought Yishun is just along the same stretch where she goes to? Anyway, thanks for informing.
User avatar
ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:35 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: English Tuition

Postby curvette » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:38 pm

kitty2 wrote:
ppnqq wrote:Hi Kitty2, if it's also in the north and secondary level? How much does she charge and do you have any idea if she is good? TIA.


She teaches pri-JC level.It depends where do you stay,she's giving tuition at Bishan,Bradell,Toa Payoh,Novena and AMK.My friend said she's good.You may try it out during the holidays?


Kitty2, what is her price range like for the north areas?
Outside of north areas?
What's her teaching method like- worksheets or assessment books for the different pri/sec levels? Mind asking your friend about it?
Thanks
User avatar
curvette
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:58 am
Total Likes: 0



Re: English Tuition

Postby curvette » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:48 pm

ppnqq wrote:
curvette wrote:What is the jounalist's rate? Isn't pri to jc range quite wide?
I also know of a school teacher from girls' sec school giving English tuition (group and individual) in the northeast area.


Hi curvette, mind sharing more info on yours too please? TIA.


All I know is she uses TLL materials for upper sec and drills on sch papers. It's more practice-paper oriented for small group tuition.
She has lower sec lessons too which focus on new? English syllabus in 2012. Rates are market sch teacher rate.
She is in north east (SK/PG/HG/BGK/KV/SRGN) area so yishun is abit far
User avatar
curvette
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:58 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: English Tuition

Postby tutus » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi Kitty2 and Curvette,

Can you please pass me the contact for the tutors, need an english tutor for my sec1 girl too. Thanks.
tutus
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:16 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: English Tuition

Postby blotchdudu » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:36 am

curvette wrote:
ppnqq wrote:
curvette wrote:What is the jounalist's rate? Isn't pri to jc range quite wide?
I also know of a school teacher from girls' sec school giving English tuition (group and individual) in the northeast area.


Hi curvette, mind sharing more info on yours too please? TIA.


All I know is she uses TLL materials for upper sec and drills on sch papers. It's more practice-paper oriented for small group tuition.
She has lower sec lessons too which focus on new? English syllabus in 2012. Rates are market sch teacher rate.
She is in north east (SK/PG/HG/BGK/KV/SRGN) area so yishun is abit far


Hi curvette, May I know what rates are market sch teacher rate? Sorry.
I live in Marymount. May I know the Journalist-cum-tutor contact?
:thankyou:
User avatar
blotchdudu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:36 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: English Tuition

Postby jasmineyak » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Hi Curvette/Kitty2,
Am looking for a gd tutor for my boy in Sec 3.
Happen to come across this site, if possible can give me her contact no?
Or if any recommendation? Putting up at AMK.
Thnks n really appreciated.
jasmineyak
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:37 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: English Tuition

Postby Cheerfuldad » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:07 pm

Hi,

Any good English Tuition Centre to recommend? My son is currently in Sec One and we reside in Marine Parade area. Thank you!

Regards
Cheerfuldad
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:35 pm
Total Likes: 0



PreviousNext

Return to Looking For...