My First Skool (former NTUC Childcare)

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:36 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: NTUC Childcare
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:50 pm 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Title: kim keat NTUC CHILDCARE

hi, all parents of ntuc childcare kids. any comments ?

Post subject: My First Skool (former NTUC Childcare)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:13 pm 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Hi all,
Has anyone send their kids to this school at jurong point ?Would like to hear some feedback from you.Thank you! :xedfingers:

Post subject: Re: My First Skool(formerly named Ntuc childcare)
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:05 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

2 prince wrote:
Hi all,
Has anyone send their kids to this school at jurong point ?Would like to hear some feedback from you.Thank you! :xedfingers:

i visited the centre and talked to one teacher, was told they have 90 children who will share a big hall and be seperated by cupboard. It is fully air-coned, but they will be NO outdoor time at all. So the kids will stay in the air-con class for the whole day. This makes me hesitate to send my child to this centre as I once read in a book that minimum 3 hours outdoor time is essential for kids around 2-6 years old, althoug this looks not practical for parents who both work full-time. I will bring my child to downstair playground at least 2 times in weekday night, plus he has his own outdoor time around 1-1.5 hrs arranged by cc.

Post subject: ntuc childcare got sports classes
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:36 pm 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

hi there,

i heard that ntuc first schools got outdoor elements as well? i read that they have swimming and skating lessons, u can check out the school www.skate-with-us.com but u must pay for it extra cost...

i dun like that the spell skool instead of school...haha...

Post subject: Re: ntuc childcare got sports classes
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:49 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

mummydearest wrote:
hi there,

i heard that ntuc first schools got outdoor elements as well? i read that they have swimming and skating lessons, u can check out the school www.skate-with-us.com but u must pay for it extra cost...

i dun like that the spell skool instead of school...haha...

I think it depends on the location of centres. For those in HDB estate, they are use the public playground around, for the in the Jurong Point, there will be no such facilities in the mall so they skip the outdoor activities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:50 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Even if they don't go outdoor, they should have an indoor playground. I know that Just Kids at Bukit Batok and I think Kinderland at Chua Chu Kang Centre have indoor play areas because outdoor playgrounds are too far away or are across many busy streets.

If you're concerned about outdoor play, then maybe you should look elsewhere. But if you're just concerned about whether kids get to play at a playground, and you can accept the air-con environment, think about the benefits of having a private, indoor playground.
1. Rain or shine, still can play.
2. Maintenance and cleaning done by centres themselves so any repairs or replacements can be done without having to wait for government to take action. In other words, centres have the opportunity to provide clean and age-appropriate and safe playground equipment.
3. If there's breakout of HFMD, centres who use public playgrounds have to cancel outdoor play. At centres with private playgrounds, kids may still be able to use the playground.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:27 am 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

There is a childcare near my company which is exactly like what you talked about. Own playground, air-coned in classroom and sleeping area, coz they rent the place from company. But for those in HDB estate, probably what they can do is to let the children play in the public playground, they could not affort the place and i don't think they are allowed to build up their own playground around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:31 am 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

in fact, in my opinion, the kids should expose to sunshine for certain time in a day, good for maintaining their bone strong and healty. so i would perfer them to have some outdoor activities at least one hour per day. that is what I concern if putting them in a fully air-coned cc w.o. any outdoor activities.

Post subject: Childcare
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:12 pm 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Hi,

Anyone send their kids to My First Skool (formerly NTUC childcare) at AMK? Would like to have some feedback.

Thank you

Post subject: Advice on Kallang Bahru's My First Skool (NTUC)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:35 am 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

[Moderator's note: Topics merged.]

Hi!
anyone has comment on the curriculum, service etc of My First Skool (NTUC) located at Kallang Bahru?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45  Next