My First Skool (former NTUC Childcare) (Page 5)

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:29 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 45  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:53 am 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

worryfather wrote:
on_plus_kiasu wrote:
Hi worryfather,

Well, I registered last year(2009) September and got in only next year (2011) Jan. The principal at my cc says that its only happening in the west. So maybe its moved to the north as well....

thanks..

WOW... that's very early..

I myself tried to register my baby into a childcare centre in the west, when he was 2 days old. I was number 2 in the enrollment list. :idea: New class will start when kid is 2 years old. :wink:
Super kisu parent i thought i was. :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re: My First Skool at Clementi Blk 375
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:54 am 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Children wrote:
Hi Yellow Belt mummy & Lucido,
Just like to find out from both of you, your opinion of the new infant care at Clementi Blk 375.

I've a 20 month-old & I'm considering to put her at Blk 375.

How's the teacher there?

THanks!

dear parents,
I am also looking for feedbacks on toddlers class at Clementi Blk 375.
Thanks.

Post subject: bedok 419
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:41 am 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

i heard the teachers at MFS 419 at bedok are dedicated and nice.

my neighbour whose children (2 of them), graduated from that cc, recommended this cc to me.

i heard the simei outlet keep on changin teachers.

hmm.. i think thats bad for the kids growth.

im torn between bedok 419 and simei.

im stayin at bedok reservoir.

any comments?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:39 pm 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Anyone with comments on the My Little Skool ccs at Bishan & Toa Payoh? When a cc is fully booked (as is the case with Toa Payoh), is it fully booked because of its accessibility (MRT/central) or is it because of the teachers and curriculum?

Post subject: Centre at CLementi Blk 375 -= mY 1st Skool
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:19 pm 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Hi,
my child has never attended the centre at all.
however, I went there a few times personally to check out the centre.

The centre is new & area very clean. Very enticing.

I interviewed a few parents who were sending their children to school & the general feel is their children like to go to school. One parent commented that she just transferred her son from another child care & he son totally enjoys going to school now.

However, I find the teacher will be one of the most impt factors to choose a child care. We need warm & caring teachers to engage the children & to have children want to go to school.
On the teachers, the feel is most of them are very young and probably may not have enough child care experience.
There are a couple of teachers who look bubbly & perhaps able to play with the children but whether they have the patience & warmth to engage the children on longer term is a concern I have.

Hope the info is helpful to 'merlionkid'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:56 am 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

My first skool at Haig Road

I got quite a good impression of this child care. This is the only my first skool that i have visited. I went to other child care located behind City Plaza, charges $500 after subsidy. I don't like the enviroment. Very cramp , very old.

What i see and feel about My Frist Skool at Haig Road is
1. spacious and non air-cond environment

2. children are exposed to lots of arts and crafts. This is essential to train a child's motor skill, creativitiy, listening to instructions.... However, i am not sure how the children are being taught to do crafts. We can use crafts to teach a child loads of stuff.

3. They use RIDBY readers and phonics are taught for nursery group. I am very curious how the phonics are being taught and what book do they use , however, the teacher has no time to tell me further.

4. Siblings may not have chance to see each other or play together. Is separated by age. Eg: toddler, playgroup, nursery, k1 and k2.

5. Enrichment lessons are chargeable and only attend after their nap, that is after 4pm.

6. Children are taught in smaller group' a class size divide by 2. Eg: for any age, children are separated in 2 groups. One group attend chinese lesson, the other one would attend English at the same time. Then later on they swap the class. The group that attend chinese, now attend English, vise versa.

I visited this centre few years back and didn't have good impression about it. I felt that children are not prepared well for primary school, alot of idle time, play and play.

I am not sure how is the standard now. But to what i see, my first skool has improved a lot.

This centre is fully booked for this year and next year intake.

I did make a call to Bedok and feel that the people there are warmth.

This is my personal comments. Hope it helps.

Post subject: Re: bedok 419
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:24 am 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

[quote="wanna_know_more"]i heard the teachers at MFS 419 at bedok are dedicated and nice.

my neighbour whose children (2 of them), graduated from that cc, recommended this cc to me.

i heard the simei outlet keep on changin teachers.

hmm.. i think thats bad for the kids growth.

im torn between bedok 419 and simei.

im stayin at bedok reservoir.

any comments?[/quote

I am staying at bedok reservoir too thinking of goinng sparkletots which just opened near my house or first skool at 419 bedok. But that day I went to the 419 first skool !!! They look rather crowded and hot and cramp inside! So still considering also! But heard that there are new branch opening at bk 503 too. But late 2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:53 pm 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

anyone has comments on my first school @ bukit batok east community club?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:44 pm 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Charmaine_chong wrote:
My first skool at Haig Road

I got quite a good impression of this child care. This is the only my first skool that i have visited. I went to other child care located behind City Plaza, charges $500 after subsidy. I don't like the enviroment. Very cramp , very old.

What i see and feel about My Frist Skool at Haig Road is
1. spacious and non air-cond environment

2. children are exposed to lots of arts and crafts. This is essential to train a child's motor skill, creativitiy, listening to instructions.... However, i am not sure how the children are being taught to do crafts. We can use crafts to teach a child loads of stuff.

3. They use RIDBY readers and phonics are taught for nursery group. I am very curious how the phonics are being taught and what book do they use , however, the teacher has no time to tell me further.

4. Siblings may not have chance to see each other or play together. Is separated by age. Eg: toddler, playgroup, nursery, k1 and k2.

5. Enrichment lessons are chargeable and only attend after their nap, that is after 4pm.

6. Children are taught in smaller group' a class size divide by 2. Eg: for any age, children are separated in 2 groups. One group attend chinese lesson, the other one would attend English at the same time. Then later on they swap the class. The group that attend chinese, now attend English, vise versa.

I visited this centre few years back and didn't have good impression about it. I felt that children are not prepared well for primary school, alot of idle time, play and play.

I am not sure how is the standard now. But to what i see, my first skool has improved a lot.

This centre is fully booked for this year and next year intake.

I did make a call to Bedok and feel that the people there are warmth.

This is my personal comments. Hope it helps.

Went this afternoon without making any appt, a K teacher walked us ard the place.

The kids r having lunch, were having rice with some soup.

When i ask to see the curriculum, she said it's not for the public & it's prep by HQ for all the outlets :|

The teacher showed us the weekly teaching schedule for toddler class, for both english & chinese class. But saw that the schedule for the english class for this week is senses for the whole week :| the chinese class is more detailed, this week is all animal theme, mon = 小鸟 etc

When we moved on to the the N1 class, i saw the weekly schedule is exactly the same for the toddler class too, all abt senses the whole week :? Was told alphabet will only start in N1, though that might b a little late?

Saw a K2 work pasted on the display board, it was a 2 long sentences with a drawing. Was quite impressed until i noticed the pencil writing under the pen's. The teacher then told me that they will write then let the students trace after their writing :!: I cannot imagine in this case how r these kids gng to cope at P1 when they can't write? :shock:

Then juz b4 we were leaving, saw an aunty sponging 1 of the kids, she then told us that the kid is sick. But bcoz it's their nap time, i noticed they din separate the sick kid away from the rest :scared:

Post subject: my first skool at yishun blk 612 n blk 796
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:21 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

whose child attending at tis places any comment?
i also like to ask what did they learn at n2 to k2.
did they learn phonics, spelling, math( plus+ and minus-) in k1?
k2 learning wat? pls help me for those kids studying there i really like to kn more

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 45  Next