[Bukit Merah] Primary Schools (Page 250)

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:55 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3834 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253 ... 384  Next

Which is your preferred school in Bukit Merah?
Blangah Rise Primary 3%  3%  [ 10 ]
CHIJ (Kellock) 20%  20%  [ 81 ]
Gan Eng Seng Primary 9%  9%  [ 37 ]
Radin Mas Primary 45%  45%  [ 179 ]
Zhangde Primary 15%  15%  [ 61 ]
Cantonment Primary School 8%  8%  [ 30 ]
Total votes : 398
 Post subject: Re: [Bukit Merah] Primary Schools
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:26 am 
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

titank wrote:
RMPS so popular in Bt Merah don't think have any open house. By the way what is the advantage taking HCL in PSLE? There is a discount of PSLE 3 points?

Not discount. You can add maximum of three points (depending on your child's results) to your T-score only if your child applies for SAP schools.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:09 am 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Hi Love@Depot,

My child is 08 as well n I applied PV for RMPS. Haven't heard from them either but not having high hopes. 2nd choice initially was ZhangDe.

You all read about Alexandra Primary School accepting students from next year. Now another headache - will anyone consider a brand new school at all??? Not sure is it a big risk to take even though it will be headed by an experienced principal. But it will definitely be nearer as compared to RMPS. Sigh.. Really many things to consider.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:22 am 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Hi

Hope the seniors here an advise :please:

I am keen to register my boy at the new Alexandra Pri (AP) -think I'm about 2km away. I will be under Phase 2c.
How should I plan in order not to loose out on my 2nd choice which is GESP (I'm 1-2km away)?
I think AP will be really "hot" because its P will be from Maha Bodhi. If I can't get a place in P2C, I'm not sure if I will be too late if I register for GESP under P2Csupp.

To get around this, I will wait till the end of P2C registration at AP, if there is balloting for 1-2km and chances are not high, I will withdraw my application and run over to GESP to submit my application there??!!

Anyone can advise if this is the best "strategy" to adopt?

:thankyou:

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:34 am 
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

glad_gal wrote:
You all read about Alexandra Primary School accepting students from next year. Now another headache - will anyone consider a brand new school at all??? Not sure is it a big risk to take even though it will be headed by an experienced principal. But it will definitely be nearer as compared to RMPS. Sigh.. Really many things to consider.

Why not? Image

A new school opened for P1 registration last year. Guess what? Not only did it go through balloting in P2C, the balloting was for those staying within 1 km from the school.

New schools come with their advantages, too.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:39 am 
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

ftwmum wrote:
Hi

Hope the seniors here an advise :please:

I am keen to register my boy at the new Alexandra Pri (AP) -think I'm about 2km away. I will be under Phase 2c.
How should I plan in order not to loose out on my 2nd choice which is GESP (I'm 1-2km away)?
I think AP will be really "hot" because its P will be from Maha Bodhi. If I can't get a place in P2C, I'm not sure if I will be too late if I register for GESP under P2Csupp.

To get around this, I will wait till the end of P2C registration at AP, if there is balloting for 1-2km and chances are not high, I will withdraw my application and run over to GESP to submit my application there??!!

Anyone can advise if this is the best "strategy" to adopt?

:thankyou:

Assuming your child is a SC, yes, you may adopt this strategy. However, please note that MOE implemented the priority for SCs rule last year and it was the first time in history that GESPS had to undergo balloting for those staying beyond 2 km. So, GESPS may not even have vacancies for P2CS.

Why don't you wait till the third day of P2C registration to apply? You won't have to go through the trouble of withdrawing and reapplying.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:07 am 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Wow which school is that? I did not expect a new school to be so popular - guess must see this year's registration results to see the response from parents living nearby for Alexandra Primary.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:20 am 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Hi

Anyone know when is the intake for zhangde pri or alexandra pri? Thank you :)

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:33 am 
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

cjjh wrote:
Hi

Errr...when or what is the intake? :scratchhead:

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:42 am 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Errr...when or what is the intake? :scratchhead

hehe...I mean when is the date for reg. as i know is around july but which date? Thank you :)

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:07 am 
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

cjjh wrote:
hehe...I mean when is the date for reg. as i know is around july but which date? Thank you :)

Which phase will your child be?

http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissi ... on/phases/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3834 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253 ... 384  Next