2013 P1 Registration Exercise for 2014 In-Take (Page 80)

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:34 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3733 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 374  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013 P1 Registration Exercise for 2014 In-Take
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:01 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

correct word is Phase, not Phrase.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:55 pm 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Barbiemoney wrote:
Registration for 2013 for 2014 Intake

Phrase 2B- 22-23 July 2013

Phrase 2C- 30,31 July -1 August 2013

Hi barbiemoney

Is this the updated dates? Is it available at MOE website? Thx, makes planning much easier.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:01 pm 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

i have gone to the MOE website. NO information on the 2013 registration dates yet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:02 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Not available on moe website yet. Moe said they'll update by end of may ( I just called 5 mins ago).

The info just shared here is insight info.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:18 pm 
Site Admin

Barbiemoney wrote:
Registration for 2013 for 2014 Intake

Phrase 2B- 22-23 July 2013

Phrase 2C- 30,31 July -1 August 2013

Unless these dates come from MOE, they are at best "unofficial". To date, MOE has not released any information about the 2013 P1 registration exercise.

Please wait for MOE to announce the dates before disseminating this information. Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:24 am 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Lady R wrote:
Hi All,

Need your opinion on my dilemma.

Son is about to enrol for P1 next year (born 2007). We are currently staying in Sengkang area.
However, all of us (husband and myself, even my boy boy is schooling and working in west area). My parents are in the west area and so do my siblings.
Planning to shift house end fo 2014.

Now, the question:
Should i pick the school near Sengkang ? Then halfway through, we transfer my boy to a west side school?

Or should i go ahead and pick the west area school?
(but i heard they are measuring 1km, 2km).

Note: All of my parents and siblings employed. so no chance of using the Statutory
Declaration. How?
Any ideas?Also can recommend any good school besides Rulang primary?and Rosyth school in the northeast (near my sengkang west)?

Please help!

Hi there~

I am in a similar situation with u~
I live in SK as well, but my parents live in city area..
My initial plan was to place my girl in my old sch (CHIJ) near my mum's place but SK is very far n to think of her having to travel so long distances every day, i feel v heart pain for her..
best alternative option is to place her at my mum's hse but I am not so willing to let her stay there for the next 6 yrs.. she is currently living with my mum since last yr july, cos her CC is in tg pgr and traveling to and fro needs more than 1hr, where by from my parent's place its only 10 mins away.

So my hub n I discussed and thought of placing her in a pri sch at SK, but what we worry is we might not be able to rush back in time to fetch her ( my hub works at Jookoon and I'm working in CBD area.) my current job doesn't require OT, so i can rush back in time, but if i were to switch jobs (which i intend to) there is no guarantee that i can rush back to SK in time. So we r in discussion now, to place her in my old sch, and let her continue to stay at my mum's place and then move to city/town area (or nearby) when our house is up for selling (which is in 2016 :slapshead: :slapshead: )
any advice anyone?? would this be more rational? My mum might be retiring in a couple of years as well (her job is quite physical demanding) so if my girl is in my old sch, my mum can help to fetch her n look after her... Also since my hub is stationed at JK, seems more rational to move to City area tho the it would prob cause us a big bomb! :frustrated: :frustrated:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:40 am 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

you should let her continue stay at your mum's house. Because her study not just up to P6 (for next 6 years), but will continue into Seconday.

As long as your house is centrally located -
whichever Secondary school she goes to next time after 2019, will definitely be more convenient if you stay in central location, compared to stay in Sengkang. Think long term. Project time line further down the road into Secondary until JC / uni days.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:36 pm 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

phtthp wrote:
you should let her continue stay at your mum's house. Because her study not just up to P6 (for next 6 years), but will continue into Seconday.

As long as your house is centrally located -
whichever Secondary school she goes to next time after 2019, will definitely be more convenient if you stay in central location, compared to stay in Sengkang. Think long term. Project time line further down the road into Secondary until JC / uni days.

yup, gotta factor in that as well, also, when we hv #2 (which we are planning to TTC end of this yr) we also hv to think of the location for the IFC/CC. but the thing is housing prices are getting so expensive, esp my parent's area, i guess one big worry is also whether we are able to afford it... that's why we are in such a :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: situation!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:06 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Shanna27,

My thoughts about your qn.

If you register your dd near your mother's place then the option is to let her stay at your mom's place. To avoid being wkend parents you can pop down after work to eat dinner at your mom's place.

If register in a school at SK, there are 2 options if you are worried that you might not be able pick her on time.

1st option - engage a domestic helper

2nd option - explore the possibility to place her in a after school care that's nearer to your workplace. You can contact the after school care to check if the teacher will wait at a designated place to pick your dd fr the school bus. Then check with the school bus operator if they operate the particular route to the after school care address.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:35 am 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

SAHM_TAN wrote:
Shanna27,

My thoughts about your qn.

If you register your dd near your mother's place then the option is to let her stay at your mom's place. To avoid being wkend parents you can pop down after work to eat dinner at your mom's place.

If register in a school at SK, there are 2 options if you are worried that you might not be able pick her on time.

1st option - engage a domestic helper

2nd option - explore the possibility to place her in a after school care that's nearer to your workplace. You can contact the after school care to check if the teacher will wait at a designated place to pick your dd fr the school bus. Then check with the school bus operator if they operate the particular route to the after school care address.

Thanks for your feedback! Actually this is what we are doing right now, picking her up from school daily then have dinner with her and accompany her til 9plus then head back to SK.

Regarding the domestic helper, my hub and i are not keen on this as we don't feel comfortable with an outsider at home. As for after sch care, i also thought of engaging one near my mum's place but not sure if the sch bus will travel so far to fetch/send her. if they don't, that would post another headache.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3733 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 374  Next