Travel: Malaysia - Cameron Highlands

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:59 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Travel: Malaysia - Cameron Highlands
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:56 pm 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Original Title: Ipoh & Cameron

Hii all,,, I was reading somewhere that Ipoh is the nearest airport to Cameron Highlanda but does anyone have any idea..if we were to take the Firefly airline to Ipoh ..how long will it take me to reach Cameron ?

Thanks

Oh yeah :D is there any parent out there that will be venturing on the Firefly soon ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:00 pm 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Cameron Highlands is less than 45 min away by car from Ipoh. More fun if you drive your own car. If you have young children, you may also want to check out the Lost World of Tambun water park. It's run by the same people who operate Sunway Lagoon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:47 pm 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Hi,

First of all, taking a flight to Ipoh by Fireflyz is really not cheap. Driving is still the best. From Singapore, you will need about 6 hours to the exit to Cameron Highland..take the one after or near Simpang Pulai..that one is the new road to Cameron..do not take the old road as that road is more different to drive. Also, it is tough to get transport from the airport to Cameron...trust me, you will be extremely frustrated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:19 am 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

TTLauPeh wrote:
Cameron Highlands is less than 45 min away by car from Ipoh. More fun if you drive your own car. If you have young children, you may also want to check out the Lost World of Tambun water park. It's run by the same people who operate Sunway Lagoon.

Hi TTLauPeh, how do you find/rate Lost World of Tambun - great place ? Many thanks

Post subject: Re: Ipoh & Cameron
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:41 am 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

chixchix wrote:
Hii all,,, I was reading somewhere that Ipoh is the nearest airport to Cameron Highlanda but does anyone have any idea..if we were to take the Firefly airline to Ipoh ..how long will it take me to reach Cameron ?

Thanks

Oh yeah :D is there any parent out there that will be venturing on the Firefly soon ??

I had travelled to Cameron Highlands by car.Slow drive around 8-9 hours can reach CH. The best option is still by car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:41 am 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Hi,

Lost World of Tambun is a wonderful place for the kids. My kids enjoyed it so much and kept asking me to bring them there again. The place is beautiful. http://www.sunway.com.my/lostworldoftambun/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:22 pm 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Thanks for your feedback on Tambun, I must tell my wife that cos my plan of going to CH via 1 night in Ipoh was voted out. So maybe I shld revert back to that :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:47 am 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Hi ALL,

Read the past post. Find it interesting.

Planning my first self drive trip in Malaysia. Maybe will bring my gal too. 3yo.

Can you help me by giving me more info on what u can do at Ipoh and Cameron Highlands?

Thanx Thanx!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:22 am 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Haven't been to Ipoh. As for Cameron Highlands, there's pasar malam, tea plantation, rose garden, cactus garden, lots of makan, strawberry picking, vege farms, small waterfalls, Orang Asli village, trekking, etc. If you have another experienced driver, you may want to drive to the peak of the mountain (can't remember the name). Steep and narrow road all the way up (and down). Best to turn off aircon compressor but have the aircon fan running so as to cool gearbox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:30 am 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Thanx TTLauPeh,

Which month u visit the place? Read on net its rain often there.....

BTW did u visit the Lost World of Tambun with ur kids?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next