Comparing Chinese Enrichment Programmes (Page 138)

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:30 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141 ... 221  Next

Which is your preferred Chinese enrichment programme?
Apple Pie Language 1%  1%  [ 7 ]
Berries 39%  39%  [ 249 ]
Busy Bees Learning Centre 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
Eduplus Language Centre 4%  4%  [ 26 ]
Hua Language Centre 3%  3%  [ 21 ]
Jiang Education Centre 6%  6%  [ 40 ]
Kumon 2%  2%  [ 12 ]
Molin Tutorial Centre 4%  4%  [ 23 ]
Skylace Language School 1%  1%  [ 7 ]
Tien Hsia Language School 17%  17%  [ 108 ]
Yuquan Language School 3%  3%  [ 17 ]
Hokkien Huay Kuan Arts & Cultural Troupe 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
Beijing Language School 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
Story Island 1%  1%  [ 9 ]
Xue Ni Language Centre 2%  2%  [ 10 ]
Han Language Centre 6%  6%  [ 37 ]
Total votes : 641
 Post subject: Molin vs Berries
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:25 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Hi
Currently my K2 son is in berries (Tampines). I am thinking of switching him to molin when he reaches p1. Not sure if there is a difference in standard and emphasis. Can anyone please enlighten me? distance is a concern. I am staying in Tampines.

Post subject: Re: All About Chinese Enrichment
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:45 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Hi,
Any idea is there Chinese holiday programs conducted by molin or hua language?

Post subject: Re: Eduplus and HCL Education Centre
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:21 pm 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

sign, hcl education centre is the worst education centre we attented so far... my daughter's grade deprove from B to C, i think it is becoz their teachers are keep changing, and my daughter just cnt have a steady learning environment. also, they suck money like crazy. now my daughter transfer to ai de bo le, i think they are quite gd, effective and fair price. just wana make a suggestion to all parents that really should think twice if you wanna attend HCL....

Post subject: Re: Weak in Maths and Chinese
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:17 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Hi tamarind,

Could you kindly PM your charges? My gal is in P1. I realised she doesn't know some of the Math concept. We are staying around Telok Blangah area.

Thanks, Jo

Post subject: Re: Weak in Maths and Chinese
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:29 pm 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Just wondering if school teachers can help? Children nowadays are spending so much time in school. Wouldn't having tuition deprive them of any play or family time?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:37 am 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

I asked and my kid's PCF teacher replied that they will not be teaching hanyu pinyin in K2.
The teacher replied that it is directive set by PCF... cos' Pri Sch "complained" about some kids knowing too much hanyu pinyin compared to others.
Even if the PCF is not teaching, other schs/enrichment classes will teach... end up those who didn't learn hanyu pinyin earlier will fall behind?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:03 am 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Daddy D wrote:
I asked and my kid's PCF teacher replied that they will not be teaching hanyu pinyin in K2.
The teacher replied that it is directive set by PCF... cos' Pri Sch "complained" about some kids knowing too much hanyu pinyin compared to others.
Even if the PCF is not teaching, other schs/enrichment classes will teach... end up those who didn't learn hanyu pinyin earlier will fall behind?

Hi, when dd was K2 (year 2005), the childcare that she attended only teach some very simple HYPY toward end of the term. In view of dd is quite a slow learner we engaged a CL teacher taught her the HYPY at the beginning of K2 and that had help to laid a very good groundwork and give us the breeze until P3.

As such, is better for parent to decide base on their child learning ability.

Just my 2 cents thought

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:30 am 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Brenda10 wrote:
Daddy D wrote:

Hi, when dd was K2 (year 2005), the childcare that she attended only teach some very simple HYPY toward end of the term. In view of dd is quite a slow learner we engaged a CL teacher taught her the HYPY at the beginning of K2 and that had help to laid a very good groundwork and give us the breeze until P3.

As such, is better for parent to decide base on their child learning ability.

Just my 2 cents thought

Hi Daddy D,
Yes, during the last Parent-Teacher-Meeting with my DD2 K2 Chinese Teacher - she said that "MOE gave the instruction" that they are not to teach HYPY to K2 kids :? :scratchhead:

Personally, I did not go make inquiry with MOE. MY DD2 is an "eat potatoes" kid - i.e. she speaks & uses English more than Mandarin. So, last year I already foresee that I will hard time coaching her Chinese Language so I send her for enrichment class. She has been with the centre for 1.5 year and I must say she really improve :please: . The centre has started to introduce and teach HYPY in Term 2, week 2 and my DD2 now is able to read the simple 声母 & 韵母.

This is just my own experience and to share with all parents here.

Yes Brenda,
I also hope that with the extra help, My DD2 will "have a very good groundwork and give us the breeze until P3." "As such, is better for parent to decide base on their child learning ability." - Absolutely Agrees :goodpost: :hi5:

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:40 am 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Just went to Berries to check - they have waiting list as long as 3-4 pages! :slapshead:

Is the teaching at Berries that good? Why so popular hah? Now DD on wait list, dunno can even get in by the time she enters K1? :sweat:

Any mummies know any other good chinese enrichment schools besides Berries that doesn't have l-o-n-g queue? :nailbite:

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:44 am 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Angelight wrote:
Just went to Berries to check - they have waiting list as long as 3-4 pages! :slapshead:

Is the teaching at Berries that good? Why so popular hah? Now DD on wait list, dunno can even get in by the time she enters K1? :sweat:

Any mummies know any other good chinese enrichment schools besides Berries that doesn't have l-o-n-g queue? :nailbite:

Hi Angelight,
Which part of Singapore are you residing in?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141 ... 221  Next