Townsville Primary (Page 17)

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:19 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Townsville Primary
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:18 pm 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Ahboymum wrote:
Thanks for your reply Monster mummy!

PM Lee mentioned Townsville Primary in his N-Day Rally Speech last night, with the cute little P6 boy. Hee..hee!

oh did he? alamak i watched for a short while only before rushing out to run errands. now going to search on Youtube to hear what he says about the school.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:59 pm 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Monster Mummy wrote:
tanglin wrote:
Hi Townville mommies/daddies! :rahrah:

My ds will be in P1 next year. Just received letter from school regarding the orientation on Nov 10. anyone else with ds/dd joining the school in 2013?

was wondering what we need to do during orientation..do we need to get the uniforms and the textbooks+exercise books on the day itself? is nets/credit card accepted for payment?

Hi,

On the day, you will be able to buy textbook, uniform and made arrangement for the school transport if you intend for your child to go school by school bus. Please prepare for cash. For kids, they will be group to their respective class after the principal talk.

Hi tanglin,
My DS will be in P1 next year too. Pretty excited and looking forward to the Orientation in Nov. Like what Monster Mummy mentioned, on the day of Orientation, there will be sale of uniform and books. This is what I gather from the General Office.

Hi Monster Mummy,
Thanks a lot for sharing. You mentioned that kids will be group to their respective class that day. Will we get to meet with the class form teacher?

I heard some schools will give the kids a short assessment test during orientation and group them according to the results. U mentioned that kids will be grouped into their respective classes after the P-talk, in this case, can I assume that Townsville does not practice such assessment test which I heard some schools are doing?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:22 pm 
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Hi,

In October,the school will send you a letter stating which class the child is in and what color group the child belong to。The color only meant to use when buying pe t-shirt. In normal days, I would not be sure how the color works on. On the day, the teacher appointed is not the form teacher and you will get to see only school start. There is no assessment test and children will assess on the classroom after school start. If the child is weak in read or math, the school will put the child in learning support. if there is doubt, you can talk to the teacher on the day of orientation to understand school approach.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:12 pm 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Hi Monster mummy,
Thanks a lot for the useful information :lol:
Greatly appreciate it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:40 am 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Hi Gureishi,

it's good to know another parent from Townsville! :rahrah:
we took the mrt to AMK Hub last week and DS was pretty excited to be able to catch a glimpse of the school on the way.
did u watch the national day rally too? i thought i saw Mr Quek on tv- we spoke to him once during a P1 registration talk for amk schools and he was enthusiastically promoting his CCA Hockey to us cos they are looking for more boys to join the team. very nice and friendly even though we took up a huge chunk of his time asking questions more related to the school itself rather than hockey! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:27 pm 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Hi all, have your read the news. Townsville principal, Mr Eugene Ong will be leaving us end of this year. :cry:

He will be going to Rulang Primary School. Our new principal will be Rulang's vice principal! Mrs Liu.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:52 pm 
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Hi,

I heard from my children and he has announced to the students. So it is the new principal a different school management style. But will miss him as he is quite friendly principal.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:07 pm 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Yup I also heard fr my DS, then I went to moe website to check and is stated on the changes of the new principals. The new principal is from Rulang and they produced the top psle result student last year.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:36 pm 
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

I think that it is a norm practice that principal will get to change every 5 years.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:25 am 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Jmom wrote:
Yup I also heard fr my DS, then I went to MOE website to check and is stated on the changes of the new principals. The new principal is from Rulang and they produced the Top psle result student last year.

Straits Times reported that Mrs Liu-Loh Wee Cheng is coming over to Townsville primary, to head as new Principal wef 2013.
She was former Vice Principal of Rulang primary.

Townsville parents excited looking forward to Townsville producing the Top PSLE results student, in the coming years ahead ! That'll be great & wonderful ! :smile:

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/strai ... cipals.pdf

youtube
"PM Lee mentioned Townsville Primary in his N-Day Rally Speech" :-

http://info.channelnewsasia.com/videopl ... Autoplay=0

refer page 9:-
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/annex/ND ... NGTEXT.pdf

http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/news/2012/0 ... e-cent.php

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 27  Next