Methodist Girls' School (Primary)

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:34 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Methodist Girls' School (Primary)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:57 pm 
Site Admin

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Methodist Girls' School (Primary)

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: MGS Orientation for 2010 Intake
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:49 am 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Hello MGSian parents!

Orientation Day for 2010 Intake

Date : 14th November 2009 ( Saturday)
Time : 9:00am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:41 pm 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Hi, MGS girls' parent, we have received the letter! Very happy indeed. Hope our girls will do well in school. Our first child, no clue what to expect, yet ... -))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:00 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

chenjdd wrote:
Hi, MGS girls' parent, we have received the letter! Very happy indeed. Hope our girls will do well in school. Our first child, no clue what to expect, yet ... -))

congrats!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:49 pm 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

chenjdd wrote:

Hi,

Same like you, my girl oso the first child attending primary sch next yr. Very happy and looking forward to buy all the stuff like uniforms, text books, sch bag and etc...... :love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:17 pm 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Hi All MGSian Parents,

do you have any information abt the P1 textbooks and uniform or i supposed it will be conveyed over the orientation? Ditto here, first girl attending P1 and do not know what lies ahead for MGS, but really looking forward to it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:30 pm 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Glencoe wrote:
Hi All MGSian Parents,

do you have any information abt the P1 textbooks and uniform or i supposed it will be conveyed over the orientation? Ditto here, first girl attending P1 and do not know what lies ahead for MGS, but really looking forward to it. :D

:? I have no idea. Guess it will be covered during the orientation.......

Just curious, are you MGSian parents working or stay home mom? For myself, i am currently working full time. Not sure if i can juggle work & family when my eldest attends primary sch next yr :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:04 am 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

sleepylula wrote:
:? I have no idea. Guess it will be covered during the orientation.......

Just curious, are you MGSian parents working or stay home mom? For myself, i am currently working full time. Not sure if i can juggle work & family when my eldest attends primary sch next yr :idea:

I am a working mother too, so did my mother. And myself never had a tuition...can i expect my girl to do the same? em, I am not quite sure but I think it's good to train her to be more independent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:24 am 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

I went to the sch web site and found that they are doing RAD ballet for CCA.

My girl is learning ballet with some private studio now. Should I stop the private one and let her continue in the sch CCA??? Any idea what's the different........cos alot of parent sending their children to the private dance studio. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:09 pm 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

sleepylula wrote:
I went to the sch web site and found that they are doing RAD ballet for CCA.

My girl is learning ballet with some private studio now. Should I stop the private one and let her continue in the sch CCA??? Any idea what's the different........cos alot of parent sending their children to the private dance studio. :roll:

Hei, we are thinking about the same thing. My girl is also having a ballet class, em, little progress after about 1 year. I will shift to CCA if it is good.

Anyone knows if MGS CCAs are free or must pay a fee for them?

I just talked to some friends about our choice of joining MGS and they warm me this is an expensive school with CCA not free (while in other schools they are free) and too many rich parents...-(( hope these are not true.
We are just ordinary people and hope my girl will not feel uncomfortable there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next