Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP] (Page 282)

It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:31 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4895 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285 ... 490  Next
 Post subject: Re: Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:46 pm 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Funx3 wrote:
OrangeJuice wrote:
DD just text me said today she has no CCA and coming back now cos SA period. Do I assume there will be no house practice tmr since it is SA period now ? Thank you !

Also DD in Yr 1 seemed so much relaxed preparing for SA, it is so different from P6 last yr, is this "normal" ?

My Gal told me for those Not Doing Philo SA today, Can Knock off at 10.45am, unless they have to stay back for CCA.
And CCA is still ON, Not affected by SA.

From sch Web site, House Practice 5-8 will Resume from 25 Apr for 4 wks till 16 May. Don't think it's affected by SA either.

Like Choco mentioned in earlier post,
My Gal also Dunno What to Revise for Tis SA,
So Apart from Looking at some notes briefly on Map Reading for Geog, she's not done any Revision :wink:

thanks Funx3! Good to know that my DD is not the only one so "relaxed".
DD came home and told me CCA still on but for RGSEC, CCA will stop during SA period.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:20 pm 
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

OrangeJuice wrote:
Funx3 wrote:
OrangeJuice wrote:
DD just text me said today she has no CCA and coming back now cos SA period. Do I assume there will be no house practice tmr since it is SA period now ? Thank you !

Also DD in Yr 1 seemed so much relaxed preparing for SA, it is so different from P6 last yr, is this "normal" ?

My Gal told me for those Not Doing Philo SA today, Can Knock off at 10.45am, unless they have to stay back for CCA.
And CCA is still ON, Not affected by SA.

From sch Web site, House Practice 5-8 will Resume from 25 Apr for 4 wks till 16 May. Don't think it's affected by SA either.

Like Choco mentioned in earlier post,
My Gal also Dunno What to Revise for Tis SA,
So Apart from Looking at some notes briefly on Map Reading for Geog, she's not done any Revision :wink:

thanks Funx3! Good to know that my DD is not the only one so "relaxed".
DD came home and told me CCA still on but for RGSEC, CCA will stop during SA period.

I think there is some kind of confusion here! For Term 2 SAs, there isn't really an SA period:P It is actually on the SA day itself and people just call it SA day. On the SA day itself after your last paper you can go home:) But some CCAs still continue having sessions etc! So it doesn't mean that house prac/CCA will be cancelled when there are SAs:) It will only be the case for EYAs:)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:28 pm 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Choco05 wrote:
Funx3 wrote:
Choco05 wrote:
Oh dear. History and Chem! Memorising stuff oh no.

I thought we year 2s are already quite bad. Like Geog and Math and for geog they are testing 3 topics and it's driving some of my poor classmates who have OM(dono if they are still in sch. hope not) crazy. I just abandoned math, only going to look through it tmr morning.

Sometimes i prefer the EYA week. At least they don't clump 3 subjects into a day and the day before you're like :faint:

Envy the year 1s. For geog tmr it's probably going to be map-skills(not much, really)and philo and english where there's hardly any way to study for it.

Choco Dear,
How Come U Talk the Same Way like My Gal -hor?
Philo and EL?
How to Study?= No Need to Study! :laugh: :laugh:

And .... Jap Test is Tis wk too, Don't forget!

It's true! Same goes for Lit and Chinese(unless you count tian xie han zi)

By the time you reach (end of) Sec 2, you will start studying like crazy for Lit, reading R&J over and over again. So far, 3 months of Year 3, we've have 3 Lit CBAs and 1 Lit AA, so Lit isn't an easy subject either.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:16 pm 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

BitterSweet wrote:
Choco05 wrote:
Funx3 wrote:
Choco Dear,
How Come U Talk the Same Way like My Gal -hor?
Philo and EL?
How to Study?= No Need to Study! :laugh: :laugh:

And .... Jap Test is Tis wk too, Don't forget!

It's true! Same goes for Lit and Chinese(unless you count tian xie han zi)

By the time you reach (end of) Sec 2, you will start studying like crazy for Lit, reading R&J over and over again. So far, 3 months of Year 3, we've have 3 Lit CBAs and 1 Lit AA, so Lit isn't an easy subject either.

Just saying - this year we're doing R&J Semester 1 so our PPA is in 4 weeks D:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:19 pm 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Quote:
Just saying - this year we're doing R&J Semester 1 so our PPA is in 4 weeks D:

Oh, they brought R&J up front? Whoops. Just remember the main themes of it: Fate, Love, etc etc and some main quotes and it's mostly okay. Just elaborate a lot.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:04 pm 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

My daughter study Biology and has yet to receive The Scheme of Work 2012. I wonder any other classes studying Physics and Chemistry receive their Science Schedule 2012? My daughter is still ot sure which topics will be covered for Biology.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:18 pm 
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

physics until today is still density, mass, volume. wondering why so slow har? outside tuition centre already covered topic light.

Never received Scope of work at all too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:38 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Better Not Comparing with other Sch.
Diff Sch, Diff Teaching Method.

Our Gals R doing lots More Proj, Research Work.
Not So Syllabus Centred for Term 1.

U Will Give your Hearts A Super Stressed Work-out if U start Comparing .... :laugh: :laugh:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:58 pm 
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

friendship wrote:
physics until today is still density, mass, volume. wondering why so slow har? outside tuition centre already covered topic light.

LSS Physics does not cover much actually. Light, Measurements(including density, etc)kinematics.

Plus, outside tuition centres have their own syllabus and own pace. No longer like primary school where it's similar to the school.

Scheme of works are available on inet, under academic area:)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:17 am 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Choco05 wrote:
friendship wrote:

LSS Physics does not cover much actually. Light, Measurements(including density, etc)kinematics.

Plus, outside tuition centres have their own syllabus and own pace. No longer like primary school where it's similar to the school.

Scheme of works are available on inet, under academic area:)

DD's physics teacher has posted physics SOW on edmodo. Has started on Light since last week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4895 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285 ... 490  Next