Living Sanctuary Kindergarten (Page 4)

It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:32 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Living Sanctuary Kindergarten
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:19 pm 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

I also keen to enrol my gal in their prenursery.. wondering when would be the right time to enrol her? she is turning 1yo next mth.. and I heard it is not easy to get into that school..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:42 pm 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Hi,

Can anyone tells more on this school's curriculum? Do they prepare your child enough for Pri 1?

Seen from their website on their school fees, quite exp. So do they conduct quality teaching in accordance to the school fees being collected?

Hope to hear from parents whose kids are in this school esp those who are in k1 and k2 and provide some insights.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:54 am 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

spring wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone tells more on this school's curriculum? Do they prepare your child enough for Pri 1?

Seen from their website on their school fees, quite exp. So do they conduct quality teaching in accordance to the school fees being collected?

Hope to hear from parents whose kids are in this school esp those who are in k1 and k2 and provide some insights.

Thanks in advance.

My son is 10 this year and benefitted greatly from an LSK education. ;)
He started off school in LSK not knowing Mandarin as my dad who babysat him speaks no Mandarin. The teachers got him very keen on learning the language and he improved very quickly. In fact, thanks to the foundation he received, his Mandarin has always been 90+ from P1-3.

He also grew in character and discipline. I felt that the LSK teachers and principal really love their charges and inculcate in them such wonderful values. DS loved going to school everyday which was totally diff from his first schooling experience in a Cambridge kindy.

LSK is able to balance pupil development with enriching them in their knowledge required for Primary school. Some church kindys do the first but cannot manage the latter. And PCFs seem to be able to do the later but not the former.

DS is now in P4 and was streamed into the GEP. He is now in ACS Primary. We are still in touch with his LSK form teacher and principal. They are really such wonderful people. Hubby and I are not from LSC but are Christians. :)

Our DS2 is now 11mo and we are very keen to send him to LSK although we have moved to TPY from Hougang. Can't wait for him to don the cute LSK uniform. :D

Miss those adorable days where DS1 would come home singing all his songs learned at a school and "enlightening" us on the water cycle and recycling etc. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 am 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Shalomger,

our kiddos might well be classmates back in their kindy days :smile: my dd1 is also in P4 this year! Agree that LSK is a great kindy. My dd2 just started Nursery with them this year, although we have also moved away from Hougang. I still see many familiar faces amongst the teachers. dd2 looks forward to going to school everyday.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:19 am 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

anyone can share how the admission process is like? my DS1 will be three yr old this year. he is currently attending a childcare centre. I am hoping to switch him to LSK in future.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:33 pm 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Hi shalomger and bebebub,

Glad to hear that. My girl just started nursery with LSK this year too. (bebebub, our girls may be classmates. :smile: ) My girl loves going to school too. She doesn't speak much chinese but she surprised me by singing a chinese children song the other night. I noticed the school also inculcate to the boys to have this "ladies first" mindset, be it going back to classroom or going to the toilet. That's nice. :smile:

cmeilim, best that you call up the school and ask them about the procedure and when to apply. The school admin, Jenny is a very nice lady. She will advise you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:07 am 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

dokomo,
my dd is in the 8.30 session. Ya, my dd also dun speak much mandarin. But I can see her getting used to the language already - she's been singing the chinese songs learned during assembly n chinese class. Her chinese teacher has been with LSK for a long time.

cmeilim,
Registration is usually in the month of April/May. Priority registration is given to siblings of existing students. For Nursery, it is capped to a maximum of 2 classes per session. Hence, limited vacancies. Call and check with Jenny, in case there are changes in your year of application.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:16 am 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

For those who are keen in registering their children for 2013, I found the following info on LSK's website regarding enrolment.

http://www.lsbc.org.sg/simple-disciples ... istration/

For first-timers like our family, it will be in April.

Does anyone know whether first-timers also need to queue very early before 9am outside the church kindy on the first day it is open for public registration?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:33 am 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

will like to know more too.

Is there lots of bible teaching and is there phonics lesson?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:58 am 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

This is what I observed:

worship songs during morning assembly - can see the kids love this, mealtime grace when breakfast is served, and an occasional bible story during lesson time.

My nursery dd comes back and tells me letter sound of the alphabets she learned. So I presume LSK has a in-house phonics program in place. HTH.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next