Tragic accident at Tampinese - pls wear cycling helmets! (Page 6)

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:50 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tragic accident at Tampinese - pls wear cycling helmets!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:15 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Finding it harder to sotmach.... :sad:

Mr Baey Yam Keng, an MP for Tampines GRC.

He told The Straits Times at the accident site Tuesday morning: "Think the elder brother was fetching the younger brother home after CCA. Apparently that was his first day at CCA at wushu."

:sad: :sad: :sad:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:21 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

This is off topic but I have witnessed few close calls over the past few days.

A special plea to all road users especially those rushing to do delivery, during this festive season. Don't rush, dont beat the lights, don't park illegally and don't sound the horn belligerently. Pedestrians please be mindful of cars reversing into parking lots.

The malls and market places are crowded each morning and weekend. Let's all do our part as responsible road users and enjoy this season. Let's have a safe and peaceful reunion with our family and friends.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:22 pm 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

think the only comfort is the 2 boys have company in heaven... god bless them and their parents... :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

It is never safe to ride a bicycle on Singapore's roads! Cars do not give way to motorcyclists, much less cyclists. Yet I see people do this everyday, some even riding against the flow of traffic.

It is time for the LTA to seriously consider building bicycle paths, at least from HDB flats to schools. This can come in the form of widening of pedestrian foot-walks to include a lane for bicycles.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:00 pm 
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Tampines accident: Bodies of two brothers arrive at wake

The bodies of brothers Nigel Yap, 13, and Donovan Yap, 7, who were killed in an accident in Tampines on Monday, arrived at the wake set up by their family at about 3.35pm on Tuesday.

Their mother, Suliani Ang, 38 and father Frances Yap, 39, received the bodies alongside relatives and church friends.

The two boys were hit by a cement mixer at about 5.40pm Monday at the junction of Tampines Avenue 9 and Tampines Street 45. The Singaporean driver has been arrested.

The younger boy was riding pillion on the bicycle. One boy died instantly and the other died soon after. Photographs of the accident scene have been circulating online but Members of Parliament and netizens have appealed to the online community to be sensitive and respect the family's privacy.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...-wake-20130129

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:24 pm 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

The evening tabloids, Shin Min and Wan Bao, are going to have a field digging every piece of information about the 2 boys.

I seriously hope that the media will just leave the family alone in this time of grief and pain. Surely the parents and family members do not want to see details of the 2 boys splashed all over the papers, invoking more sadness and heartache.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:27 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Read in Sin Ming Evening Papers , the Driver was devastated and crying :cry: :cry: :cry: at the scene when he realized that he has caused a fatal accident to 2 young boys.... :gloomy:

I pity the Driver , who will live with guilt about this horrible incident.
It will definitely caused him to have sleepless night....

I know now a lot of people will pin point at the Driver.....

I feel sad for the family of the 2 boys and also pity the Driver......

Hope all affected parties will pull over this difficult time.....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:44 pm 
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

ChiefKiasu wrote:
It is never safe to ride a bicycle on Singapore's roads! Cars do not give way to motorcyclists, much less cyclists. Yet I see people do this everyday, some even riding against the flow of traffic.

It is time for the LTA to seriously consider building bicycle paths, at least from HDB flats to schools. This can come in the form of widening of pedestrian foot-walks to include a lane for bicycles.

Nowadays, I am seeing more and more cyclists, some in a group and bunching together taking up the whole lane. Sometimes only 1 or 2 cyclists, but never see them cycling close to the roadside. In fact, I am seeing these cyclists every morning when I drops my DS off at MRT station for him to take the train to school. Its about time the govt enforce some safety rules before we see more mishaps!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:46 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

kwcllf wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:

Nowadays, I am seeing more and more cyclists, some in a group and bunching together taking up the whole lane. Sometimes only 1 or 2 cyclists, but never see them cycling close to the roadside. In fact, I am seeing these cyclists every morning when I drops my DS off at MRT station for him to take the train to school. Its about time the govt enforce some safety rules before we see more mishaps!

.....cycling abreast and against the traffic flow :slapshead:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:24 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

dolphinsiah wrote:
Read in Sin Ming Evening Papers , the Driver was devastated and crying :cry: :cry: :cry: at the scene when he realized that he has caused a fatal accident to 2 young boys.... :gloomy:

I pity the Driver , who will live with guilt about this horrible incident.
It will definitely caused him to have sleepless night....

I know now a lot of people will pin point at the Driver.....

I feel sad for the family of the 2 boys and also pity the Driver......

Hope all affected parties will pull over this difficult time.....

Yes, I pity the driver too. It is an accident that nobody would have wanted.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next