[Sembawang/Yishun] Preschools (Page 5)

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:11 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:12 pm 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

mamii wrote:
Hi all, seems like quite difficult to get preschool in yishun ? I am trying to look for 2 hours playgroup for my boy who is 20 months, either it is too far, too expensive, full or they only accept 2007 babies for 2010 intake.

Hi All Yishun mummies, there's a new CC at the old Library premises, called Just Kids Learning Place. They are having their open house soon. If you are staying nearby, can check it out. I think they are offering kindergarten program as well... not sure but I'll be sure to check it out for my boy's Nursery program in year 2011. :xedfingers:

Address: Blk 290 Yishun St 22 #03-401, Singapore 760290

Bad thing is the kids have to climb up quite a number of flights of stairs to get to the centre. :sweat:

cheers,
palm80

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:18 pm 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Hello all mummies,

Has any of you been to the CCC around Sembawang Place?
1)Star Learners
2)Shooting Star
3)The Little Skool House

Any comments on those? As I know, the fees for full day is ranking from $600/mth-$900+/mth.

Post subject: Cheeryland School House (511, Canberra Road)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:42 am 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:39 pm 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Dear all

Need some comments about the following preschools before deciding for registration (my boy is N2 this year, considering to change from his current preschool):

1. Edelweiss Kindergarten (church kindy - Sembawang)
2. Kiddy Tree (Blk 400+ Yishun)
3. MRC Junior (located in a community club in Sembawang)

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:21 pm 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Dear All

Any parents who have children in the nursery class in Edelweiss Kindergarten (located in Sembawang). Any comments about this kindy?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:27 pm 
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

hi there

i have been having great difficulty securing a place in sembawang/woodlands area for childcare centres , esp near mrt. if you happen to know anywhere wif vacancies, pls let me know.

can anyone recommend a good childcare centre along sembawang road, landed properties?

Post subject: Edelwiess Kindy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:37 pm 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Hi all,

I'm sending my Girl to Edelweiss at sembawang. She is in K1 now.

The school is very clean, and nice environment. Their refreshments during breaks is also impressive, not the usual milo and biscuits.
The teachers are good, and they always keep us informed of the curriculum and activities in school via the school newsletter. They do projects too based on the term's theme.

They also have in-house enrichment classes like music, chinese, art and craft n speech and drama classes.

My girl is attending the music class and she is very happy to attend and enjoys it very much.

They are also teaching phonics using the Rigby series.

I'm quite satifisfied with the school so far.

let me know if you require more info. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:31 pm 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Hi r_tiff2326

Thanks for your reply. Glad to know that your girl is attending Edelweiss and enjoying her class there.

What is the teacher-children ratio for their K1 class ?

Do they have any parents-teachers meeting, e.g. like once or twice a year to discuss about the progress of the child ?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:16 am 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

KSP wrote:
For those staying in the north, you can try Little Leader Kindergarten. A private kindergarten in Chong Pang at very reasonable fee. There is transport for those who stay in Woodlands, Sembawang and other parts of Yishun (of course got to pay)). They really prepare the kids (esp K2) for P1. I feel this will reduce the shock when kids go to P1.

Yes this is a great school. My kids attended most of their presch years there some years back. The curriculum is not stagnant and the principal looks into parental concerns personally as best as she can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:47 pm 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Amberz wrote:
KSP wrote:
For those staying in the north, you can try Little Leader Kindergarten. A private kindergarten in Chong Pang at very reasonable fee. There is transport for those who stay in Woodlands, Sembawang and other parts of Yishun (of course got to pay)). They really prepare the kids (esp K2) for P1. I feel this will reduce the shock when kids go to P1.

Yes this is a great school. My kids attended most of their presch years there some years back. The curriculum is not stagnant and the principal looks into parental concerns personally as best as she can.

Hi,

Can I find out what the charges are like?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next