3Q MRC Junior

It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:02 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: 3Q MRC Junior
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:08 pm 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Original Title: 3Q MRC Junior @ Tampines Central CC

Hi. May I know anyone has any experience and comment on the kindergarten program conduct at MRC located at Tampines Central CC?

My triplet are in K1 and have been in childcare since start of N2. I think they are spent most of the time playing and so I think they will learn more if they are in a kindergarten where teachers are not distracted in taking care of daily needs like bathing, etc.

(Well, putting them kindergarten means I have to be 'converted' to stay-home mum as they have so much time at home.)

Any comment on MRC at Tampines Central CC is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:06 pm 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Hi... my son is studying in MRC at downtown east.

I think he is learning very well there. He is also having wonderful time in school. The teachers are very caring. He takes school bus to school. They start singing and interaction right from the school bus.

:celebrate:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:58 am 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Kathong wrote:
Hi... my son is studying in MRC at downtown east.

I think he is learning very well there. He is also having wonderful time in school. The teachers are very caring. He takes school bus to school. They start singing and interaction right from the school bus.

:celebrate:

Thanks, Kathong. Is the curriculum and environment more to play-based or table-based type? Worksheet type? How's the schedule like? I am also going to ask Tampines Central the same questions later this week. After that, maybe we can compare.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:59 am 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Hi,

i think they have a mixture of both. They have their workbook to complete.
They have circle time where they will sing songs. They have their outdoor play at times.

You can visit their website and there are video clips of their lessons for your viewing.

http://rightbrainteaching.com/

I think they are offering a one week free trial....

Dun miss the chance...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:22 pm 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Kathong wrote:
Hi,

i think they have a mixture of both. They have their workbook to complete.
They have circle time where they will sing songs. They have their outdoor play at times.

You can visit their website and there are video clips of their lessons for your viewing.

http://rightbrainteaching.com/

I think they are offering a one week free trial....

Dun miss the chance...

Thanks, Kathong. Wow, I just called them. They are charging $1159 for 10 weeks! And it's 2.5 hrs. MRC at Tampines Central CC charge only $270 for 10 weeks for the same program, and 3 hr (of course longer hr may or may not be better). But the tampines one is only a learning centre and not a certified MOE kindergarten. Neverless, they still run 3Q Junior. Hard to believe same program from same franchise but the price difference is so wide! <Sign> really, the market for kindergarten is very luan. :stupid:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:56 am 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Hi there...

i didn't know that there is such a great difference in the school fees.

Have u found out more information on MRC @ Tampines?

Do you think you can share some info with me too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:23 pm 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Kathong wrote:
Hi there...

i didn't know that there is such a great difference in the school fees.

Have u found out more information on MRC @ Tampines?

Do you think you can share some info with me too?

Sure, I am going down to tampines branch this sat to find out more, and hopefully to compare. Meanwhile, can I get more info from you abt the downtown east branch? Are u paying $1159 for 10 weeks? How is the cirrculum and schedule like? What kind of books/readers/worksheet are they using? What course materials do you need to purchase or provided? How is the layout of the classroom? How's the environment? etc. Give me as much info as possible and let's compare. Luckily, 'meet' you here and so I can save a trip down to the downtown east branch.

Btw, do you have the MRC HQ contact?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:04 am 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Hi there, i'm paying this price for my son now.

The school is very clean and bright. It is not a very big place. It is located in Downtown East. It is more like a classroom style. i did not stay with my son during the lesson, thus i can really share mcuh with you. My son says they have circle time where they sing together, they have writing, art & craft, time where they play puzzles etc...

I jus saw a topic on MRC @ Katong that you may want to read on....

There is a parent who transfer the child from MRC pasir ris to MRC Katong. i duno really know why. You may want to read on...

How is it on your side? MRC @ Tampines?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:46 pm 
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Kathong wrote:

How is it on your side? MRC @ Tampines?

They closed last Sat. Today, I bought my triplets to for a free trial. Unfortuntately, they seems to have no lesson today either. Official supposed to be revision but i think everyone just having fun + 1 birthday party. Of course my triplets are having fun too.
Managed to chat with 2 mothers whose kids were there for 1 to 2 terms. Their feedback is good. So, will prob sign them up at Tampines then.
Btw, their fee is $270 per mth and need to pay for Dec as well. So, it work out to be about the same as Downdown East which don't have pay for Dec, right?

Post subject: MCR Kindergarten @ Downtown East (Pasir Ris)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:15 pm 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Can anyone share with me on MCR Kindergarteen @ Downtown East (Pasir Ris)? I understand that this preschool is quite academic-focused. Pls share.