2013 PSLE Discussions and Strategy (Page 216)

2013 PSLE Discussions and Strategy

Academic support for Primary 6 and PSLE

Re: 2013 PSLE Discussions and Strategy

Postby Beikiasu » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:10 pm

Thanks Ms Tay.
Beikiasu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby happyheart » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:37 pm

should be 16th August!Oh Ya..typo error! :oops:
happyheart
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:13 pm

Welcome back, happyheart! :hugs:
buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby messageinabottle » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:18 am

Beikiasu wrote:Dd have preliminary oral today. Parenting is never easy .she has sore throat and ulcer.

Take care... My DS had the same...Encourage and give them confidence...
messageinabottle
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Goodluck8 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:58 am

I have a lot of friends who give extra intensive classes for their P6 children at this time, but i think it is not recommended to do that. I know most of tuition centre conduct intensive classes at this time and parents scared that if their DC does not sign up, they will miss out something. Before we do any decision, look at the kids ton of homework. We do not want to overstress them.
Goodluck8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ngl2010 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:03 am

Goodluck8 wrote:I have a lot of friends who give extra intensive classes for their P6 children at this time, but i think it is not recommended to do that. I know most of tuition centre conduct intensive classes at this time and parents scared that if their DC does not sign up, they will miss out something. Before we do any decision, look at the kids ton of homework. We do not want to overstress them.

I have the same view as you :hi5:
ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby JohnYeo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:53 pm

Goodluck8 wrote:I have a lot of friends who give extra intensive classes for their P6 children at this time, but i think it is not recommended to do that. I know most of tuition centre conduct intensive classes at this time and parents scared that if their DC does not sign up, they will miss out something. Before we do any decision, look at the kids ton of homework. We do not want to overstress them.

quality study vs quantity study...just focus on those areas which need improvement first.
As parents, we may be kan chiong but must hold ourselves back. Too much classss, tuition n homework is definitely not a wise move. Go for quality. :)
JohnYeo
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

1 people like this post

Postby Goodluck8 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:07 am

JohnYeo wrote:

quality study vs quantity study...just focus on those areas which need improvement first.
As parents, we may be kan chiong but must hold ourselves back. Too much classss, tuition n homework is definitely not a wise move. Go for quality. :)

Agree with you. Presently, i have withdraw my DD from the english tuition. One more week, i will withdraw from DD from the chinese tuition. We will spend all the extra time on her weakest subjects.
Goodluck8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby BeContented » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:10 am

Goodluck8 wrote:
JohnYeo wrote:

Agree with you. Presently, i have withdraw my DD from the english tuition. One more week, i will withdraw from DD from the chinese tuition. We will spend all the extra time on her weakest subjects.

Same same. Dd has withdrawn from her Maths & Sci tuition since May. Cos too tiring during weekdays
BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mummy OnABudget » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:49 am

my boy has no time too any external enrichment or tuition only wed but we dont wish to burn him out he is in sch from 730 till 4 on mon tues thurs till 5 on fri too tired already and excess lesson by sch teacher on sat which the teachers are doing outside school as a booster.
mummy OnABudget
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Primary 6 & PSLE