[Jurong East/Jurong West] Preschools (Page 27)

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:32 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Jurong East/Jurong West] Preschools
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:06 pm 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

bb gal wrote:
Hi Peonies,

My gal was born in 09 too, Nov.

Check with you if Tara provide transport pick up?

I stay at Teban Garden

No they do not provide transport.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:26 pm 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Hello All

Many months back I have asked about PG and CC for my DS who is now 3.5yo.
I think it's fair that I'll contribute back to this thread since i've gotten good advise from KSP-ers

from July 2010 - dec 2010, my DS attended the preN at PCF @ blk 223A JE st 24
on the whole, it was a very typical PAP school and the class mix are all your good ole neighbours. class size = big, around 15kids, 2 teachers (1 main malay teacher and 1 chinese teacher). chinese teacher not very attentive and main teacher was more firm and quick. but sometimes it's tough to command a class size this big one some started to cry and some started to run around

jan 2011 - now; my ds attended full day cc at PCF little wings @ blk 108 je st 13, just 5 mins away from where we stay.
it took him 8 weeks to stopped crying. but it was worth it.
its a new cc, everything was new (now considered "old"), they have many corners eg dressing up, sand area, kitchen theme, books, puzzles/blocks, dancing/music room and so on.
the cc is spacious, and they have ifc too! pity too ex for my #2, else sure put her there...
my ds was the 1st enrolled child. it was a 1-1 experience for him for the first 2 months. then, slowly, more n more students trickled in. now i think we have 8 students at toddler, 3 at playgroup, and 3 whom are from k1 or k2 which is few doors away. they integrate cc services with kindy classes...
most importantly, the teachers were kind and loving. initially abit chaotic, but the 2 main teachers incharge of the toddlers group are 2 very kind young teachers. 1 from china, and 1 is a young malay lady.
when i had my #2, they made periodic checks on me to see if my ds is coping well at home to the new addition to the family; and highlight unusual behaviours during my maternity leave. i was too bz to spot it but they did - and quickly informed me. lots of hugs and kisses and assurances solved that eventually.

fyi, my ds didnt start talking before he was 3. during his short stint in pg @ blk 223A, he has good vocab range, but cannot string even a 3 word sentence. i panicked but teachers told me to hold on and wait

when he joined the current cc, he started talking...and cant stop now. now he can tell me i cannot say "oh man!" or "oh my god!" etc (because i was the one who told him not to say that you see)

they have lots of mini events in the cc, like cooking, making craft projects, etc
the good thing is - there's no TV in the cc. P herself told me when i interviewed her. it's airconditioned but the temp is kept high/warm. 50% of the time the aircon is being switched off.

all in all, ds loves his school. everyday my parting words to him were "happy school, ok?"

HTHs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:34 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

pixiepixel wrote:
Hello All

Many months back I have asked about PG and CC for my DS who is now 3.5yo.
I think it's fair that I'll contribute back to this thread since i've gotten good advise from KSP-ers

from July 2010 - dec 2010, my DS attended the preN at PCF @ blk 223A JE st 24
on the whole, it was a very typical PAP school and the class mix are all your good ole neighbours. class size = big, around 15kids, 2 teachers (1 main malay teacher and 1 chinese teacher). chinese teacher not very attentive and main teacher was more firm and quick. but sometimes it's tough to command a class size this big one some started to cry and some started to run around

Thank you for sharing your experiences! 

jan 2011 - now; my ds attended full day cc at PCF little wings @ blk 108 je st 13, just 5 mins away from where we stay.
it took him 8 weeks to stopped crying. but it was worth it.
its a new cc, everything was new (now considered "old"), they have many corners eg dressing up, sand area, kitchen theme, books, puzzles/blocks, dancing/music room and so on.
the cc is spacious, and they have ifc too! pity too ex for my #2, else sure put her there...
my ds was the 1st enrolled child. it was a 1-1 experience for him for the first 2 months. then, slowly, more n more students trickled in. now i think we have 8 students at toddler, 3 at playgroup, and 3 whom are from k1 or k2 which is few doors away. they integrate cc services with kindy classes...
most importantly, the teachers were kind and loving. initially abit chaotic, but the 2 main teachers incharge of the toddlers group are 2 very kind young teachers. 1 from china, and 1 is a young malay lady.
when i had my #2, they made periodic checks on me to see if my ds is coping well at home to the new addition to the family; and highlight unusual behaviours during my maternity leave. i was too bz to spot it but they did - and quickly informed me. lots of hugs and kisses and assurances solved that eventually.

fyi, my ds didnt start talking before he was 3. during his short stint in pg @ blk 223A, he has good vocab range, but cannot string even a 3 word sentence. i panicked but teachers told me to hold on and wait

when he joined the current cc, he started talking...and cant stop now. now he can tell me i cannot say "oh man!" or "oh my god!" etc (because i was the one who told him not to say that you see)

they have lots of mini events in the cc, like cooking, making craft projects, etc
the good thing is - there's no TV in the cc. P herself told me when i interviewed her. it's airconditioned but the temp is kept high/warm. 50% of the time the aircon is being switched off.

all in all, ds loves his school. everyday my parting words to him were "happy school, ok?"

HTHs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:18 am 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Hi Everyone,

My son is now attending the 11:15am session at Tara but seems like the group is getting bigger so the teachers can't really cope at times. I am wondering if anyone has any experience about the centres at Blk 527 Jurong West and Blk 549 Jurong West (Star Tots).

Prior to Tara, my son was attending Julia Gabriels but it was really too far for us to bring him to and fro. So thought of shifting him nearer. I am still keen on looking for a place that has a more structured curriculum so hope to hear your advices

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:42 pm 
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

pinkitty wrote:
Hi Everyone,

My son is now attending the 11:15am session at Tara but seems like the group is getting bigger so the teachers can't really cope at times. I am wondering if anyone has any experience about the centres at Blk 527 Jurong West and Blk 549 Jurong West (Star Tots).

Prior to Tara, my son was attending Julia Gabriels but it was really too far for us to bring him to and fro. So thought of shifting him nearer. I am still keen on looking for a place that has a more structured curriculum so hope to hear your advices

I liked the space and facilities at Tara too but signed dd up at Blk 519 in the end. MMI. It's quite structured, parent-accompanied playgroup. But the classroom is smaller. Have you checked it out?

There is also Summer Montessori at Blk 674. I think the curriculum is very good too but will only let dd join when she is older cos that is drop-off and I think I'd prefer to attend with dd for the time being till she's older. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:20 am 
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Any other good preschools in Jurong East area?? Desperately looking for decent ones for my boy next year!
Appreciate any recommendations!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:07 pm 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Appreciate feedback on the following CCs:

1. Little Angels / Ecokidd at Yunnan Walk 2
2. Learning Seeds at Gek Poh Ville CC
3. Mulberry Learning Centre at Jurong East

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:15 am 
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

I liked the space and facilities at Tara too but signed dd up at Blk 519 in the end. MMI. It's quite structured, parent-accompanied playgroup. But the classroom is smaller. Have you checked it out?

There is also Summer Montessori at Blk 674. I think the curriculum is very good too but will only let dd join when she is older cos that is drop-off and I think I'd prefer to attend with dd for the time being till she's older. :)[/quote]

Hi,

I tot of MMI too coz I was just staying next to it but I read a lot of reviews and people were saying it's not gd... have you checked out the Summer Montessori .. hmmm maybe I would pop by to have a look.. any comments on startots at Blk 549?

Post subject: Recommended Kindergaten near Toh Guan (Jurong East)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:13 am 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Hello!
I am a newbie here. :)

I intend to enroll my boy to a good kindergarten near Toh Guan area (Jurong East).

Can someone recommend me any?

I have heard of Pandan Calvary Kindergarten. Any ideas or feedbacks?

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Childcare centre @ JW
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:50 am 
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Hi! Good morning everyone! I'm new here. Anyone sent your child to Kanooka School? Any comments for that child care centre?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 52  Next