Lower Secondary Science

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:47 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Lower Secondary Science
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:21 am 
Offline
Councillor
Councillor

Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 8:10 pm
Posts: 3720
Secondary One --- How to study science?

( http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/syllabu ... y-2008.pdf )

( http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/syllabu ... t-2008.pdf )

1)What are the techniques in answering open ended questions for secondary one science? Are students expected to put in much more information as compared to PSLE science? Take for example Q1 from sect C of this paper --- http://www.wendykoh.com/07/sec1-rivervalley-science.pdf

2)Any useful websites to download useful resources and past year papers?

Best wishes

PS --- Some useful sites

http://www.science.edu.sg/ssc/scinet_browse.jsp?type=6
http://examworld.blogspot.com/search/la ... 0ExamWorld
http://www.exampaper.com.sg/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:14 pm 
Offline
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:33 pm
Posts: 18
Here is a useful website for science notes / guidebooks:

www.smashingexams.com.sg

My understanding is that it has been recommended in a number of secondary schools. Perhaps you might find the books handy too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:38 pm 
Offline
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:22 pm
Posts: 132
Oh I see they upgraded. The last time I heard they were still using blogspot.

But pretty catchy name though


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:55 pm 
Offline
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:46 pm
Posts: 2629
I need some help here.

I remember during my time doing O Levels, I have a lot of Reference Book, This Reference book that I have, after each chapter has lots questions & model answers are provided at the end of the book. The questions are structured from easy to difficult. All past years papers pertaining to that chapter then followed.

But now, I find all the text books, only have notes. Like that how does the students practice to test their understanding ? Or am I missing something ....

Any seniors here can help ?

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:57 am 
Offline
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:49 am
Posts: 7
jetstar wrote:
Here is a useful website for science notes / guidebooks:

www.smashingexams.com.sg

My understanding is that it has been recommended in a number of secondary schools. Perhaps you might find the books handy too.


My sentiment exactly.

The books have been useful for my child. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:45 pm 
Offline
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:27 am
Posts: 106
okmum wrote:
jetstar wrote:
Here is a useful website for science notes / guidebooks:

www.smashingexams.com.sg

My understanding is that it has been recommended in a number of secondary schools. Perhaps you might find the books handy too.


My sentiment exactly.

The books have been useful for my child. :wink:


May i ask, can i get this science guide books from Popular?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:55 am 
Offline
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:37 am
Posts: 178
Thank you for the Smashing Exams site - those of you who bought the books, which part of Toa Payoh Central do you meet the guys to get the books?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:57 am 
Offline
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:10 pm
Posts: 1016
SoWoW wrote:
okmum wrote:
jetstar wrote:
Here is a useful website for science notes / guidebooks:

www.smashingexams.com.sg

My understanding is that it has been recommended in a number of secondary schools. Perhaps you might find the books handy too.


My sentiment exactly.

The books have been useful for my child. :wink:


May i ask, can i get this science guide books from Popular?


I don't think so. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:58 am 
Offline
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:10 pm
Posts: 1016
blitz wrote:
Thank you for the Smashing Exams site - those of you who bought the books, which part of Toa Payoh Central do you meet the guys to get the books?


Think they deliver to your door-step at a cost. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:47 am 
Offline
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:37 am
Posts: 178
csc wrote:
blitz wrote:
Thank you for the Smashing Exams site - those of you who bought the books, which part of Toa Payoh Central do you meet the guys to get the books?


Think they deliver to your door-step at a cost. :lol:


Yes, I am aware of that, but my work place is quite near TP.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next




All times are UTC + 8 hours


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group