NAFA Arts Kindergarten
NAFA (SYT) Arts Kindergarten is the first and only Arts Kindergarten in Singapore, It is the “junior extension” of the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA), a 67 years leading arts institution in the region, providing both academic and arts education in music, art and dance to pre-school children.
To further strengthen the arts education, NAFA has entrusted its well-established School of Young Talents to manage the Kindergarten, with an aim to achieve teaching excellence in grooming children into refined young talents dedicated in every pursuit of their lives.
Arts contributes to the overall development of a child
- Arts education improves the aesthetic development of a child
- Arts activities enhance the socio-emotional, socio-cultural and cognitive development of a child
- Arts activities improve the academic achievement of a child
- Prepare a child for the primary education
Develop NAK into a leading cutting-edge model of Arts-based Kindergarten
To advocate excellence for children’s early learning by providing quality preschool education; incorporating arts program that support creative thought, growth, and expression in children.
We believe that children are creative thinkers, illustrators and active learners.
- 3 playgrounds for: water play, sand play, tricycle track and PLAY equipment
- 8 classrooms for creative pre-school learning
- 1 Art room
- 2 music room with 25 electronic keyboards
- 1 dance room
- Dedicated dining area for snack
A class and a date of commencement will be allocated to your child upon confirmation of registration. If a place is not available, the application will be placed on waiting list.
- Birth certificate of the child
- NRIC of parents
- Child's and Parents passport sized photographys
- Immunization record / Certificate of Vaccination
Fees & Other Charges
- 3 to 6 Years old
- S$500.00 (per month)
- S$250.00 (June / December Fees) S$500
- Registration Fee
- S$100.00 (non-refundable)
- One month school fee
- S$5.00 / yearly (non-refundable)
- Academic Program
- S$250.00 / yearly (non-fundable)
- Art Materials
- S$300.00 / year (non-fundable)
- Music Books
- Will be advised yearly (non-fundable)
- Dance Costumes
- S$60.00 / set - boys
- S$65.00 / set - girls
- S$25.00 per set (min 2 sets)
- PE Attire
- S$20.00 per set
All fees are subject to GST charge.
The Kindergarten’s curriculum is built around the seven domains:
- Personal and Social Development
- Language and Literacy
- Mathematical Thinking
- Scientific Thinking
- Social Studies
- The Arts
- Physical Development
It is planned according to the six key principles under-pinning the Ministry of Education curriculum framework:
- A holistic approach to development and learning
- Integrated learning (Thematic and Project Approach)
- Children as active learners
- Adults as interested supporters in learning
- Interactive learning
- Playing as a medium for learning
Developing confidence, positive interactions and cooperative play
Appreciation of books, understanding of ideas and writing activities
Math skills woven into the curriculum
Observing and investigating the wonders of nature
Enhancing coordination, balance and strength
The Arts programmes affiliated to NAFA School of Young Talents are conducted daily in developing the artistic sensibilities of the young children.
Music (twice weekly)
To inspire children’s interest in music and develop their musical talents through specially designed music program by SYT. Under the guidance of experienced SYT music teachers and parental cooperation, students will receive professional training in sight-reading, aural and performance skills. Children with potential will be recommended for SYT-NAK Music Integrated Program.
Dance (once a week)
To express imaginations and emotions through body movements with rhythm. Children are eligible to join SYT Dance Programs Preparatory Year 2 upon graduation.
Art (twice weekly)
To involve children in basic art making using various mediums to express personal ideas creatively.