How to answer exam questions?
There are usually 5 type of Questions in written exam:
1. Multiple Choice
– Read question carefully, don’t look at answer 1st to see if you know the answer to the question.
– Use elimination techniques
– Look at all choices before making decision
– Watch out for Extreme words and qualifying words
always, never, best, worst, everybody, no one, etc..
If you can think of anything that is against the statement, the statement is false.
e.g. The paper is always white. (true/false)
false. as brown paper is not white.
Qualifying words (more chance to have true statement)
usually, sometimes, most, few, probably, unlikely, etc..
– watch out for negative words.
e.g. 2 negative = possitive
– attempt the easy match 1st.
4. Fill in the Blank
– Trust your instinct.
– look for clue/keywords
e.g. an_____, a noun behind ‘an’ should start with vowel.
– Fill in the choice words in blank one by one and read to see which one make sense.
– supporting idea
– proofreading (check spelling, grammar, etc)
For Oral Exam:
– Stand straight
– Greet the teacher, using loud and clear voice.
– keep eye contact
– For picture show and tell, describe:
1. When, where
2. Who are on the picture?
3. What are they doing, what happened?
4. How do you feel? or conclusion.