I have tried to make ice cream at home with 3 little ones recently. We have great fun. I enjoyed the process of making this ice cream with my kids. So do them. Of course may be they found a chance to taste a little bit of the yummy chocolate/milk mixture, whipped cream and chocolate chips when they help me to stir or mix it.
It tasted very nice and smooth. But don’t keep more than 2 weeks as no preservative added. Share the recipe here:
3 egg yolks
1 tsp corn flour
170g fresh milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
100g cooking chocolate
220g non-dairy whipping cream ( available from Phoon Huat)
50g chocolate chips (optional)
1. Beat egg yolks sugar and corn flour until sugar has dissolved and pale in a pot.
2. Add in fresh milk, vanilla essence and cooking chocolate.
3. Boil the mixture and stir and cook at low heat until chocolate has melted and slightly thicken. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
4. In another bowl, whisk non-dairy whipping cream until stiff. Then fold into the cooled milk mixture.
5. Stir in chocolate chips (optional) and mix well.
6. Pour into a container and freeze for 3 hours. Take out from fridge, whisk the mixture again until smooth. Then freeze again until set.