Read-Out-Loud Stories: When Mommy Was A Child [故事朗读: 妈妈还小的时候]
Listen to our audio recordings of the story
妈 妈 还 小 的 时 候
When Mommy Was A Child
“妈 妈 ,你 是 不 是 一 直 就 这 么 大 ,从 一 开 始 就 是 ?”
Daughter: Mom, have you always been this big? Since right from the very beginning?
“当 然 不 是 ,妈 妈 也 是 从 妈 妈 的 妈 妈 的 肚 子 里 出 生 的 。”
Mom: Of course not. I was also born from my mom’s tummy.
“啊 ? 你 也 曾 经 是 一 个 小 宝 宝 ?”
Daughter: Ah, you were once a little baby too?
“对 啊 ,所 有 的 人 都 曾 经 是 个 小 宝 宝 ,然 后 才 慢 慢 长 大 。”
Mom: That’s right, everybody was once a little baby. We then slowly grew up.
“那 你 也 曾 经 尿 床 ?”
Daughter: So you have wetted your bed too?
“尿 过 啊 ,尿 过 好 多 次 呢 。”
Mom: Yes, I’ve wetted my bed quite a few times.
“那 你 也 会 整 天 哭 吗 ?”
Daughter: Did you cry a lot too?
“是 啊 ,整 天 哭 。”
Mom: Yes, I cried a lot.
“那 你 现 在 怎 么 不 哭 了 呢 ?”
Daughter: Why do you not cry now?
“因 为 妈 妈 知 道 哭 没 有 用 啊 ,而 且 妈 妈 有 了 解 决 问 题 的 方 法 。”
Mom: That’s because I know that crying will not help. Moreover, I have found ways to solve problems.
“有 一 天 ,我 也 会 像 你 一 样 么 ?有 那 个 你 说 的 方 法 ?”
Daughter: One day, will I be like you too? And be able to have your so-called solutions?
“肯 定 会 的 ,而 且 我 相 信 你 能 找 到 更 好 的 方 法 。”
Mom: Definitely! I believe that you can even find better solutions.
“那 你 有 没 有 被 你 的 妈 妈 批 评 过 呀 ?”
Daughter: So were you ever criticised by your mom?
“有 啊 ,做 错 了 事 情 就 会 被 批 评 啊 !”
Mom: Yes, I was criticised when I did something wrong.
“快 和 我 说 说 ,你 都 做 过 些 什 么 事 情 ?”
Daughter: Tell me, tell me! What were some of these incidences?
“比如 有 一 次 ,我 偷偷 地 用 了 我 妈妈 的 唇膏 ,把 自 己 的 嘴 巴 涂 得 血 红 血 红 的 ,像 个 猴子 屁股 。”
Mom: Once, I stole my mom’s lipstick and painted my lips so red that it looked like a monkey’s buttocks.
“哈 哈 ,原 来 妈 妈 也 那 么 爱 臭 美 。还 有 吗 ?”
Daughter: Haha! You were so vain! What else did you do?
“还 有 一 次 ,为 了 不 让 别 的 小 朋 友 碰 我 的 玩 具 ,我 就 把 玩 具 紧 紧 抱 在 怀 里 不 放 手 。”
Mom: On another occasion, as I refused to let other kids touch my toy, I hugged it tightly and wouldn’t let go.
“嘻 嘻 ,原 来 妈 妈 也 那 么 小 气 。”
Daughter: Hehe, you were also petty.
“还 有 一 次 呢 ,我 想 试 试 我 的 新 剪 刀 ,就 把 一 条 裙 子 剪 了 一 个 洞 。”
Mom: And there was once when I wanted to try out a new pair of scissors, I cut a hole in a dress.
“哈 哈 哈 ,原 来 妈 妈 也 这 么 调 皮 啊 !妈 妈 我 有 点 喜 欢 你 小 的 时 候 。”
Daughter: Hahaha, so you were very mischievous! I quite like the young you.
“那 你 不 喜 欢 现 在 的 我 吗 ?”
Mom: So you don’t like the present me?
“也 喜 欢 ,不 过 现 在 的 你 有 的 时 候 有 点 凶 。你 是 什 么 时 候 开 始 变 凶 的 ?”
Daughter: I do like the present you. But you are kind of fierce at times. When did you become fierce?
“恩 ,真 是 个 好 问 题 ,让 我 好 好 想 想 。好 像 ,就 是 在 有 了 你 之 后 吧 。”
Mom: Mmm… that’s a good question. Let me think. I think it was after you were born.
“那 这 样 说 来 是 我 让 你 变 凶 了 ?”
Daughter: So, I caused you to become fierce?
“是 也 不 是 ,做 了 妈 妈 好 像 都 会 变 凶 一 些 。”
Mom: Perhaps. But regardless, women seem to turn a little fierce after they become mothers.
“啊 ,是 这 样 。那 你 还 会 变 回 来 吗 ,变 回 你 小 时 候 那 样 ?”
Daughter: Oh really? Can you still return to who you were before? Just like when you were young?
“其 实 每 天 晚 上 你 睡 着 了 以 后 ,妈 妈 就 变 回 去 了 。”
Mom: In fact, every night after you go to sleep, I will return to how I was before.
“那 以 后 你 可 不 可 以 在 我 睡 着 之 前 就 变 回 去 ?”
Daughter: Then, can you return to how you were, before I go to sleep?
“这 个 ,有 点 难 …”
Mom: Hmm… that’s a little difficult…
“求 你 了 ,就 一 下 子 。”
Daughter: Please Mom… just for a while.
“那 你 会 不 会 不 睡 觉 了 呢 ?”
Mom: Will you not want to sleep if I do?
“不 会 的 ,我 保 证 你 变 回 来 一 会 我 就 睡 觉 。”
Daughter: No, I won’t. I promise I will go to sleep after you return to how you were for a while.
“好 吧 ,那 我 们 今 天 晚 上 就 试 试 ?”
Mom: All right. Shall we try it out tonight?
“没 问 题 !”
Daughter: No problem!
Contributed by 小安妈妈 from ‘Storykiddy’
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction or distribution without written permission is prohibited.