Choosing a suitable enrichment programme to keep your child occupied during the school holidays may be as difficult as choosing which confectionary to buy from the bakery. They all look good and you wish you could have them all.
However, if you could only pick just one holiday camp for the 2017 mid-year break, the fun-filled June Holiday Enrichment Camp at The Grandstand can be an excellent choice. Here’s why we think so.
#1 An 8-in-1 enrichment programme for mind & body
Held at The Grandstand, the largest family lifestyle destination in Bukit Timah, this holiday enrichment camp will see different tenants of the mall coming together to offer a unique four-day programme targeted at children aged 7 to 12.
From craft work to language immersion, programming to sports and exercise, there will never be a dull moment during the camp. Running from 12 June to 15 June 2017 (9:30am to 5:00pm daily), the camp will give children a first-hand taste of a wide spectrum of activities – a refreshing change from most other holiday camps which usually focus on just one subject or activity.
The following 8 children enrichment centres will conduct short workshops and classes during the camp.
Computhink: ScratchThinker Programming Class to teach kids about coding and to create minigames, animations or story projects of their choice
JH Kim Taekwondo: Learn the basics of blocking, striking and kicking and let your child pick up basic self-defence techniques from experienced instructors
GIM Sports: Basic gymnastics games and skills
Bricks 4 Kidz: Be exposed to the exciting Bricks 4 Kidz themed camps and have a fun and educational time making characters from Pokémon, Mindcraft, Frozen or Minion using LEGO® bricks
The LPN Art School: Learn to create artworks, inspired by great artists such as Van Gogh, Miro, Kandinsky, and Picasso
Yang Language School: Learning Chinese idioms (成语) through games and calligraphy
Fidgets World: Have fun with an ice-breaking game, followed by free play and a 60-minute craft session
San Merinos: A 3-hour workshop to teach the basics of sewing by making a cute pencil case
#2 Don’t worry, eat happy
In order to fuel up their energy for the full line-up of activities, this holiday camp doesn’t forget to satisfy participants’ appetites too. A delectable selection of lunch options catered daily from F&B tenants at The Grandstand will pique the appetites of even the pickiest little eaters. The menu for the four days includes Japanese fare from Restaurant Hoshigaoka, local delights from Canteen, treats from the Fidgets World Café and pasta and other delights from Carnivore.
#3 Overall a good deal, dollars-wise
Following a random check around the market, we found out that a certain learning centre, well known for its mind-mapping methods is charging $600 for a 2-day holiday camp; 5 sessions of coding classes at another centre’s summer camp programme will cost $570. So assuming that you sign your child up for both these camps, you will be paying over $1,000 in course fees – and don’t forget that it’ll only be for two specific subjects.
On the other hand, The Grandstand’s holiday camp costs $499 and covers eight interesting activities in one camp, with lunch provided. The participants get the opportunity to learn a variety of skills and make new friends at the same time. Parents needn’t worry about having to ferry your children to different locations for their enrichment classes – plus parking is always free at the sprawling The Grandstand car park! Sounds good? You do the math!
Holiday Camp Details
Date: 12 – 15 June 2017
Time: 9.30am to 5.00pm (meet at the Concierge at 9:00am)
Sign up by 9th June 2017 to enjoy an exclusive early-bird goodie bag worth over $80! While stocks last.
Registration and payment (cash/nets) must be done at San Merinos (#01-32A) from:
Mon-Sat 10am to 7pm, Sun 11am to 7pm, closed on public holidays.
Terms and Conditions:
- All prices are inclusive of GST.
- Registration & payment (cash/nets) must be made at San Merinos before commencement of camp, accompanied by the registration form. Operating hours of San Merinos are: Mon – Sat 10am to 7pm, Sun 11am to 7pm and closed on public holidays.
- Payment of $499.00 for the camp is strictly non-refundable.
- Cancellations must be in writing at least 1 week before commencement of camp.
- Cogent Land Capital Pte Ltd and its participating partners reserve full rights to cancel the camp, to change the date, time, proceedings and/or venue of the camp where deemed necessary without prior notice and compensation.
- Cogent Land Capital Pte Ltd and its participating partners will not be held liable for any mishap or injury to, or any loss or damage suffered by the participants during or as a result of the camp.
- Cogent Land Capital Pte Ltd and its participating partners reserve the right to carry out photography and/or video recording of the person/s within the facility of Cogent Land Capital Pte Ltd at any time it deemed necessary. The images obtained are considered properties of Cogent Land Capital Pte Ltd and its participating partners, and reserve the right to use it in any way it deemed necessary.
For further enquiries, please email email@example.com.