Children who are currently under full time care of foster parents may register for admission using the address of the foster parents provided:
- both parents are working full-time at the time the statutory declaration was made
- the foster parent is a grandparent of the child or a sibling of either of the parents and
- the foster parent is not employed.
For the purpose of registration, the foster parent and one of the child’s parent are required to make a statutory declaration at the MOE Customer Service Centre.
The statutory declaration can be made:
- from 8 am to 4 pm, Mondays to Fridays and
- from 8 am to 12 noon on Saturdays
starting Monday, 30 June 2008 to Tuesday, 12 August 2008.
They should bring along with them the originals of the following documents:
- identity card of both parents
- identity card of the foster parent
- birth certificate of the child to be registered for admission to school
- documents to prove the relationship between parent and the foster parent
- for parents who are self-employed, please bring along supporting documents to prove their employment e.g. bizfile, CPF statements and Income Tax
- photostated copies of passport/NRIC/overseas employment letter is required for parent/s who are currently overseas
- employment letters to show full-time employment where available
Children who are registered using a foster parent’s address and residing within 1 km of the school of choice will not be balloted together with other children residing within 1 km of their school of choice. Instead they will be balloted together with children residing between1-2 km of the school of choice.