How to get rid of bathroom flies??

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
cotton candy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by cotton candy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:44 pm

Thanks for all the advice! Hopefully I can terminate them permanently before CNY with all your suggestions... :pray:

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:1

Post by BlurBee » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:19 pm

Thks for starting this thread, cotton candy. I also hv this prob now.

Thks all for the advice. Will try out.

cotton candy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by cotton candy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 pm

Hi BlurBee, you are most welcome~ Initially I was wondering if I am only one that has such problem because I don't see such topic elsewhere in any other forum.. Glad the daddies and mummies here are so helpful! Thanks all! :lol:

BigDevil
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor
Total Likes:31

Post by BigDevil » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:17 pm

Red_Snow wrote:I used to hv the same problem. My kids were so scared of those flies. They r small black worm before turning into the fly. I use toilet cleaner n they won't die. Then I just pour hot boiling water on the worm everyday, usually they live near the drainage n shower area. Now no more flies n I still pour hot water every now n then to prevent it from coming back. Maybe u can try using hot water also. Look for the place where the worm live.

:hi5:

That's what we do at our home too...boiling hot water.
Unfortunately, they will eventually make a return. :(

Red_Snow
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Red_Snow » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:21 pm

So far, I never see any of the bathroom fly anymore in my toilet. Still pouring hot water every few days. But still see lots of black worm coming out whenever I pour hot water (they hide near the drainage). Just wondering, where actually the worm come from? :?

Red_Snow
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Red_Snow » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Or... Maybe the bathroom fly is not from the worm? :?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:119

Post by Jennifer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:07 pm

Red_Snow wrote:So far, I never see any of the bathroom fly anymore in my toilet. Still pouring hot water every few days. But still see lots of black worm coming out whenever I pour hot water (they hide near the drainage). Just wondering, where actually the worm come from? :?

Now I am using Mr.Muscle drain declogger fortnightly. Pour 1/2 of the bottle, followed the instructions on the bottle. So far, I hv not seen these flies at all.

In the past I also poured boiling hot water into the drains. It did not help much. I guess the eggs were on the sides of the drains. So I used the shower hot water to spray at the sides. Less fly after that.

premend01
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: How to get rid of bathroom flies??

Post by premend01 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:25 pm

There are many ways to get rid of bathroom files. But, I would like to suggest one of the household ideas which is borax and bleach. With the help of it, you can easily keep away flies and earthworms in the bathroom.

https://premend.com/how-to-get-rid-of-e ... -bathroom/

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:321

Post by ChiefKiasu » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:11 pm

Never have a problem with flies. It's the mosquitoes I can't stand. Maybe you can get the drain cloggers which have a ball that floats when there is water while you washed the toilet but drop shut when dry.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:158

Post by Nebbermind » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:11 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:11 pm
Never have a problem with flies. It's the mosquitoes I can't stand. Maybe you can get the drain cloggers which have a ball that floats when there is water while you washed the toilet but drop shut when dry.
You have mozzie in your bathrooms?