Why all the hate against foreigners?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
whitecorp
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Why all the hate against foreigners?

Post by whitecorp » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:24 am

Taken from https://www.reddit.com/r/singapore/comm ... oreigners/

Hi there. I am not born and bred Singaporean. I moved here at a very young age, went to primary, secondary school, JC, NS and Uni here. I obviously don't look local and has been the target of hostilities, discriminatory remarks from strangers and people i meet for the first time. When people get to know me, they will say. Oh, you are practically Singaporean! You are not one of them. What i don't understand is, why the hate from some people? Why do people feel it's ok to make someone uncomfortable just because they are non local?

LucyL
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Re: Why all the hate against foreigners?

Post by LucyL » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:38 am

I understand how you feel, Whitecorp. They might feel intimidated because people around you might feel that you are better than they do. Don't mind them and just do the right thing. It is not about whether you are a native Singaporean or not. What matters is that you do what is best for you and for others. Cheer up! :)

kimberlyleeforever
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by kimberlyleeforever » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:02 pm

Wont you feel mad reading this?

Security guard lodged police report against J P Morgan Director Ramesh Erramalli

https://www.prolificskins.com/forum/cur ... -erramalli

kayquio
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by kayquio » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:35 pm

well the Siamese came first, fleed in chaos. then the colonial British/Dutch/British. They fled when the Japanese came. Japanese occupation wasn't the sweetest of memories.

travoltagetriggered
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by travoltagetriggered » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:34 pm

Every country we go we are looked down upon. Ironically, even in third world countries. So what's so shocking about returning the favour?

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:58

Post by Estéema » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:44 pm

travoltagetriggered wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:34 pm
Every country we go we are looked down upon. Ironically, even in third world countries. So what's so shocking about returning the favour?
Pls don’t encourage such mentality. Treat each individual with human kindness. Only when someone do sth unkind or inhumane, shld we chaste the bad action or behaviour but pls do not condemn ppl. Change our ppl in our environment with understanding not discrimination or more discrimination. That’s just being very narrow like protectionism.

Even in so called 1st world country, u will find some very mercenary, very selfish & ppl who are not inclusive. Let’s learn sth fr somebody or let somebody learn sth fr is. I hope this KSP platform remains a sharing, open and positive vibe place for healthy sharing.

Michy79
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Michy79 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:54 am

Estéema wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:44 pm
travoltagetriggered wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:34 pm
Pls don’t encourage such mentality. Treat each individual with human kindness. Only when someone do sth unkind or inhumane, shld we chaste the bad action or behaviour but pls do not condemn ppl. Change our ppl in our environment with understanding not discrimination or more discrimination. That’s just being very narrow like protectionism.

Even in so called 1st world country, u will find some very mercenary, very selfish & ppl who are not inclusive. Let’s learn sth fr somebody or let somebody learn sth fr is. I hope this KSP platform remains a sharing, open and positive vibe place for healthy sharing.
I agree with you. Our world is already full of negativities that make our own planet unhealthy to live. We are all human beings and we need to cultivate positivity in each of us. If we will be open-minded and prioritize peace, we will all live in harmony.