Awoken at 2:30am by an SMS

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Awoken at 2:30am by an SMS

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:36 am

Anyone knows what is this drpu SMS software? Some joker tested this software at 2 plus am in the morning n woke me from my sweet dreams. Is this a spam software for mobile messages? I am so doubtful the person recorded on the phone can be doing such a testing on me at such unearthly hour, madness. :siao:

Postby tree nymph » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:50 am

not me...

what is this software? could it be a virus?? :!:

tree nymph
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:21 am

tree nymph wrote:not me...

what is this software? could it be a virus?? :!:

wah you really owl last night...maybe can find u a temp avatar to use whenever you are an owl. ;) yeah I suspect something wrong cos the person sending is a high level person, why would do such testing?

Postby tankee » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:44 am

high level? :?

tankee
Site Admin

Postby westmom » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:46 pm

ks2me.....why do you switch on your hp beside you when you sleep? No good you know...I mean if you are afraid of missing emergency calls, your family members or close friends have your house phone no right..? There was once a joker friend of mine sent a mass sms at 3am...gave me a fright...From then on, I off my hp and only set it to ring to wake me up in the morning...

westmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:55 pm

tankee wrote:high level? :?

you know those high level people who only call people when there is a crisis and could be even that kind of hours like 230am. But when I saw testing... I *thud* he could hv chosen a better time or is it possible to get a software to send out SMS by just quoting his number? The last possibility is this phone is lost and someone is just using the phone to do some software testing. I don't know so hoping someone can shed some light on this software.

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:05 pm

westmom wrote:ks2me.....why do you switch on your hp beside you when you sleep? No good you know...I mean if you are afraid of missing emergency calls, your family members or close friends have your house phone no right..? There was once a joker friend of mine sent a mass sms at 3am...gave me a fright...From then on, I off my hp and only set it to ring to wake me up in the morning...

Thanks westmom, you got a good point. :) Maybe well trained as a mum, I sleep light so even my phone was about 3m away from me charging I could hear. I charge my phone every night but I could have put to silent mode. I too do not believe in sleeping next to the phone, what a hazard. Hi-5 to u!!
But thanks for bringing it up, I need to remember to silent it.:)

Postby westmom » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:15 pm

ks2me wrote:
westmom wrote:ks2me.....why do you switch on your hp beside you when you sleep? No good you know...I mean if you are afraid of missing emergency calls, your family members or close friends have your house phone no right..? There was once a joker friend of mine sent a mass sms at 3am...gave me a fright...From then on, I off my hp and only set it to ring to wake me up in the morning...

Thanks westmom, you got a good point. :) Maybe well trained as a mum, I sleep light so even my phone was about 3m away from me charging I could hear. I charge my phone every night but I could have put to silent mode. I too do not believe in sleeping next to the phone, what a hazard. Hi-5 to u!!
But thanks for bringing it up, I need to remember to silent it.:)

Yah...we mummies are all trained to be in "ready mode"..! Be careful about setting to silent mode though....cos we tend to forget to "unsilent" it so will miss out important calls or sms...haha...

westmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:32 pm

westmom wrote:
Yah...we mummies are all trained to be in "ready mode"..! Be careful about setting to silent mode though....cos we tend to forget to "unsilent" it so will miss out important calls or sms...haha...

oh ya you are so right!! Now I need to remember to remind myself to turn on in the am. Maybe I tie a red thread on my thumb before I sleep, most traditional way to keep a reminder. If I forget I come to ksp to search red thread, then I can be reminded!!! Haha...sometimes I do feel overwhelmed with things to remember in a day. Thanks again! :)

Postby tankee » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:31 pm

ks2me wrote:
tankee wrote:high level? :?

you know those high level people who only call people when there is a crisis and could be even that kind of hours like 230am. But when I saw testing... I *thud* he could hv chosen a better time or is it possible to get a software to send out SMS by just quoting his number? The last possibility is this phone is lost and someone is just using the phone to do some software testing. I don't know so hoping someone can shed some light on this software.

One possibility is faked simcard, which is quite unlikely these days.

Another is a bug or virus in his phone. Depends on what phone he is using, some are more likely to have virus, others not.

Then again maybe it is him. Perhaps accidental sent out by him or by someone using his phone.

tankee
Site Admin

Next

Return to Recess Time