Chope-ing (reserving) seats using tissue paper

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Chope-ing (reserving) seats using tissue paper

Postby smurf » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:56 am

sometime ago, I went to Raffles city with DS2 (age 2). we went to kopitiam (or was it food junction?) for lunch. it was rather crowded, but there were some empty seats. I saw a packet of paper on one table (4 empty seats), I presumed it was someone ''chopping'' the seat with tisue paper, but there was only 1 packet, not 2. I assumed only 1 person did that. so I put the food (with tray) on the seat next to this tissue. 2 women came by and took 2 seats opposite me, left only 1 empty seat. but suddently got 1 woman rushed to the table and said 2 seats taken. apparently BY the tissue paper. then the tissue woman just sat down on the tissue paper chair happily, and her acquintance joined her a while later.

we were quite pissed off, but the 2 women said they will let me have the seat cos I was with DS1 and it was difficult for me to find another seat with him in tow.

I was super :x but said nothing.

why these people dun feel paiseh about chopping seat with tissue paper. I super hate this kind of culture!!!

what kind of theory is that? chopping seat with tissue paper!!??

:x :x :x :x :x

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:22 am

once, me and dh went to a coffee place. we were eyeing a corner seat. a couple stood up from the corner seats. i stood beside their table. then the man told me that they still want the seats and both of them then left to order their food. there was no tissue chopping. i was like ok...like that also can :roll: . then i took the empty seat next to the corner seat. then out came 2 teenagers and they plonked themselves into the corner seats. a while later, out came the lady. i looked the other way. out came the man. i meddled with my phone.
:whut: expect me to chop their place for them?

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby tankee » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:26 am

me too.

on hind sight, perhaps you should just take the pack of tissue and kept it. :wink:

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:31 am

:lol: :idea: Maybe there is business for re-usable "reserve" mini banners to be made so people can use "reserved" tags instead of tissue paper? I don't see using tissue paper a good practice but I do see under some circumstances, reserving seats before buying food is necessary especially when one has children in tow. So maybe "reserve" mini banners are more acceptable? :D

Alternatively, perhaps such eating places should reserve a corner for one-parent with kid or kids in tow to use only during peak hours.

Postby smurf » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:38 am

agreed with ks2me. but hor, they weren't even with kids leh. whereas I was with DS2. and I was holding him while holding a tray with food.

OT: pepper lunch at Scotts Isetan is really good. before you order, you just queue and then tell them how many people you have, and they will look for seat for you. I enjoy going there. no doubt, it's fast food but their service is thumb up! :D

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:38 am

I wonder if tourists or foreigners will go like 'so thoughtful. this foodcourt provides free tissue'

Dun understand why can't one person stay put at the table while the rest go get their food and if eating similar stuff, then buy for that person too lah.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:40 am

smurf wrote:agreed with ks2me. but hor, they weren't even with kids leh. whereas I was with DS2. and I was holding him while holding a tray with food.

OT: pepper lunch at Scotts Isetan is really good. before you order, you just queue and then tell them how many people you have, and they will look for seat for you. I enjoy going there. no doubt, it's fast food but their service is thumb up! :D

yalor...so the banner is meant for you to fight the "tissue paper" league.

Postby smurf » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:40 am

yup, the 2 tissue women were eating same food. :rant:

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:49 am

smurf wrote:yup, the 2 tissue women were eating same food. :rant:

Since the time I remember I have seen ppl doing that for all kopitiams, food courts, mac, kfc etc though so looks like it has become a national practice :!:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:53 am

lovekidsverymuch wrote:looks like it has become a national practice :!:

It is national practice so there is a business opportunity here... :wink:

Next

Return to Recess Time