Facebook

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Facebook

Postby mathsparks » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:32 pm

Do you guys have a facebook account? I've one and the amount of details I get about my kids is amazing..photos of them during orientation, sports events etc. I know who their friends are too!

So far, I've managed to connect with siblings, ils, nephews/nieces..even friends from my school days. It's amazing that friends you havent heard from for years are now just a click away.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:35 pm

:rahrah: Yes I do.

In fact, I love FB. Through FB, I managed to reconnect with my primary school classmates, secondary classmates that we've not met for 20 years and due to FB, we had a gathering last year) and not forgetting old pals and colleagues.

Though you don't "keep in touch" regularly, through FB, you get to know where they are and what's happening in their life now. So it's great.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby carebear » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:57 pm

Yes, i do.
But i do not like to share any personal information on it.
My account is just to check on my kids and their friends and activites on it, ie keep watch on them.
My kids know that and they don't upload my pictures with them on it
I also tweet on tweeter, mainly follow tweets on topics i am interested in.

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:20 pm

To a certain it's true that it might not be advisable to post too much information about yourself eg. photos on it as it is a new tool that headhunters use to size up candidate.

But on the other hand, I personally feel that it's not "fun" if you don't provide much information. I feel that so long as you provide "sensible" information that has nothing to hide type, I am comfortable with that. In my FB, I post pictures of the kids, our house, our trip, visit to USS,etc.... I see it as a resource to help me keep photos too. Friends and relatives can view the photos and know what's going on in our life. THose are nothing to hide type.

On the other hand, I am against putting too much personal views on FB. Eg. my boss sucks. I hate my job.... Such remarks are not advisable especially if the headhunters were to see it.

My boss and my colleagues are also my FB friends so yes, i am careful with what I communicate. I am also careful with my friends selection. I only accept friends that I know and not any Tom, Dick or Harry.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Busymom » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:36 pm

sorry, :offtopic:

MMM, your avatar :shock: ... I dunno what to say. Guess you didn't know how Way2Go tried to "sell" that to me.
Last edited by Busymom on Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Busymom
Councillor
Councillor

Postby June » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:15 pm

Oh yes...its a good tool to reconnect with friends and long lost classmates or ex colleagues.

June
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby daisyt » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:27 pm

carebear wrote:Yes, i do.
My account is just to check on my kids and their friends and activites on it, ie keep watch on them.

Haha! Me too!! Hi Five!! :D
But I do share post some photos too but mainly cannot see face.

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:30 pm

Busymom wrote:sorry, :offtopic:

MMM, your avatar :shock: ... I dunno what to say. Guess you didn't know how Way2Go tried to "sell" that to me.

:whut: :lol: So must go and find new avatar..... I am lazy lazy. Where is the best place to find. Don't want to have to filter through those loud avatar.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby minnie2004 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:39 pm

I also have a FB a/c. Recently I met up with some old colleagues for lunch. When we were about to say bye bye, we said "see you guys on FB" instead. I found it quite amusing 8)

minnie2004
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby autumnbronze » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:53 pm

MMM wrote: :whut: :lol: So must go and find new avatar..... I am lazy lazy. Where is the best place to find. Don't want to have to filter through those loud avatar.

Pardon my kaypo-ness, MMM :wink:

May I suggest, that you 'seek' tankee's help :wink: :wink:

He has become our resident official/unofficial 'avatar seeker' :wink: :wink: :wink:

Just tell him your 'requirements' and he will try his best to fulfill your wish. You can make your way to KSP forum avatar thread then, if you decide to take this up :D

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Recess Time