General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:1

GXFC

Post by super_dad » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:15 am

Gong Xi Fa Cai everyone. :)

Any ideas how to kiausly use your children to maximise ang bao collection during this festive season?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:321

Post by ChiefKiasu » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:33 am

Simple. Just have more kids than any of the families you visit.

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by super_dad » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:08 am

Don't work.....families with lesser kids can give your children less. Especially if they think you already so rich.

Hmm...actually, what is the standard going rate now?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Post by ChiefKiasu » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:02 am

super_dad wrote:Don't work.....families with lesser kids can give your children less. Especially if they think you already so rich.

Hmm...actually, what is the standard going rate now?

I heard anything below $4 is going to earn you the title of "cheapest-skate uncle". To be accepted, at least $6. To get respect, at least $10. To be worshipped, $50 and above.

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by super_dad » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:36 am

Wah....respect is hard to hard. :x ....I was thinking only $2...where would that put me? :oops:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Post by ChiefKiasu » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:49 am

super_dad wrote:Wah....respect is hard to hard. :x ....I was thinking only $2...where would that put me? :oops:

That would put u somewhere between your great grandmother and your grandmother.

Come to think of it... I was just told of a very innovative way of distributing ang pows... put up a Christmas tree and hang all your ang pows up there. Put different values in your ang pows... from $2 to $50. When the kids come, get them to pick their own ang pows. So everything is based on luck lor... and nobody needs to complain.

Smart hor?

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by super_dad » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:39 pm

What a fantastic idea!!....the $50 ones hang high high...all the children cannot reach. Better still, don't put at all...but make sure they don't compare and smell a _rat_.

sTresSmUm
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by sTresSmUm » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:07 pm

:lol: First of all....GXFC to all of you!!

When i read about the idea of hanging the ang bao on the xmas tree, i could not stop laughing!!!! WOnderful idea, might give it a go next year.. really like the idea of hanging the ONE with $50 note of the TIP of the tree. Doubt any child could go that HIGH!!

Nowadays, children are not STUPID. WHen they got an ang bao with $2 in it, they might be wondering "why this uncle or aunty so cheap=poh!" eheh...no doubt, all of us do know that the amount is not important But cant help it, dun wan to be branded cheap=poh!

Agreed that the going rate is $4-$6. Children of buddies, could go up to $20, with nephews/nieces at $50.

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by super_dad » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:56 am

O_O.....$50 for nephew and niece!!

Auntie Stressmum...happy new year. Hong bao please.

sTresSmUm
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by sTresSmUm » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:59 am

GXFC super_dad.....got to reach for the highest ang bao hanging on the tree.... ahahah....

Read today's newspaper? Rate for ang bao is Going UP!! People are giving more...