Expressions Ad in Today's Newpapers showing Mother and DD

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Expressions Ad in Today's Newpapers showing Mother and DD

Postby mummyjoyce » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:30 pm

I am very surprise to see an Expressions Ad showing off a pair of mum (ex mediacorp star) and her DD. They are proud to endrossed the success of the company.
I am OK for any adult to do this but what sort of message is the advert the young girl of today?? If you are fat, go to slimming agency? I am disappointed that we are adveristing such inmature adveristment.
Pls spend sometimes explaining to your children if need to before they jump to the wrong conclusion.
(I do wish I have a scanner at home to scan the advert).

mummyjoyce
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Expressions Ad in Today's Newpapers showing Mother and D

Postby peterch » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:49 pm

mummyjoyce wrote:I am very surprise to see an Expressions Ad showing off a pair of mum (ex mediacorp star) and her DD. They are proud to endrossed the success of the company.
I am OK for any adult to do this but what sort of message is the advert the young girl of today?? If you are fat, go to slimming agency? I am disappointed that we are adveristing such inmature adveristment.
Pls spend sometimes explaining to your children if need to before they jump to the wrong conclusion.
(I do wish I have a scanner at home to scan the advert).

Just trying to help :D

peterch
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby kiddo » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:33 am

No good hor if media corp star publicise such ad.....the weak hearted youngster will want to try too???

better we concentrate on training our children on matter of the head/heart before materialism. :slapshead: They are our future leh :|

Thanks for bringing this to awareness mummyjoyce and peterch :D

kiddo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mummyjoyce » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:12 am

Thanks for the scanned pic and comment. I am frustrated that there is such irresponsible mum and company around. :x

mummyjoyce
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby skunk » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:59 pm

Is that Chen Xiu Huan? ooo she's so hot...LOL

If there's no demand, will there be supply? Shallow-minded people are abound, who price looks and material things above everything else. Heck, ours is a society which places economic progress above quality of life, what more the citizens in their private lives!

Some time ago, my wife went to the neighbourhood toy shop to buy a fake handphone for my daughter to play with.

Salesgirl, brandishing a Barbie-doll handphone: This is suitable for little girls.

Wife: I don't want pink and girly ones...any other designs?

Salesgirl: But it's a girl right? But....but....all girls like pink things! They're supposed to like pink things!

Wife: yeah, but I don't want to emphasis it too much. Here, I'll take this Mickey Mouse one....

Salesgirl: *stunned*

In many people's mentality, girls are "supposed" to want to look pretty and slim all the time, in fact, it's "supposed" to be top of their priorities LOL

btw, my daughter abandoned the handphone and chose to play with a plastic sword instead hahaha

skunk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:07 pm

CXH exposes her children to alot of media and pageant, beauty contests stuff.

I supposed she is living in it...

Postby qms » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:48 pm

ksi wrote:CXH exposes her children to alot of media and pageant, beauty contests stuff.

Most probably paid handsomely for it, too. :P

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby mummyjoyce » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:52 pm

qms wrote:
ksi wrote:CXH exposes her children to alot of media and pageant, beauty contests stuff.

Very sad... I think CXH is still hunger for fame. But failed badly.

mummyjoyce
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby phankao » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:00 pm

mummyjoyce wrote:
qms wrote:

Very sad... I think CXH is still hunger for fame. But failed badly.

How does CXH hunger for fame? She's always been Expressions spokeperson all these years, since her 1st baby. Nothing wrong with earning money that way, right?

Interestingly, her girls are all very very smart too. 4 daughters I think? One of them Sharlyn (looks abit like this one in the advertisement) just won 3rd place in National violin competitin last year. This girl is a NAFA violin student.

I have not heard/seen about her children joining beauty pageants & contests.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time