Absent from School = No notice / worksheet etc

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Absent from School = No notice / worksheet etc

Postby worry_mum » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:37 pm

Dear All,

Want to know your view on this issue.

My DS is in P1 and was absent from School due to HFMD few weeks ago. Each week there were notices/ worksheets etc to be given to pupils. However, when he returned to school, some worksheets are given. But some are not, and we the parents will not known till 2nd set of papers are given, hence we noted the missing notices etc. And I noted not only Eng but MT too! Should I raise it up to the School Principal? However, I am worried.. if I raised it up.. the teacher will "mark" on my child......

Would like to hear your view please..... Thanks in advance.

worry_mum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby MMM » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:02 pm

Why do you need to approach the principal on such matters?

Suggest highlighting the suspected shortfall to the respective teacher and asked if they can provide.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Absent from School = No notice / worksheet etc

Postby jedamum » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:14 pm

worry_mum wrote:Dear All,

Want to know your view on this issue.

My DS is in P1 and was absent from School due to HFMD few weeks ago. Each week there were notices/ worksheets etc to be given to pupils. However, when he returned to school, some worksheets are given. But some are not, and we the parents will not known till 2nd set of papers are given, hence we noted the missing notices etc. And I noted not only Eng but MT too! Should I raise it up to the School Principal? However, I am worried.. if I raised it up.. the teacher will "mark" on my child......

Would like to hear your view please..... Thanks in advance.

last year, ds1 was on long absence leave prior to one of the semestral holidays. i just dropped an email to the form teacher to request her to collate all the notes and assignments including MT (i had requested for form teacher's help to collate MT hmwork too) subjects and leave it at the admin office for us to collect over the holidays.
cc to MT teacher also.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby worry_mum » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Hi Jedamum & MMM,

Cos I did call up the school and email to teachers to inform about the HFMD, and homework was given during his MC. However, I still discovered not only 1 but several notices was not given to us! Thought of complaining to Principal to see what is the usual practice that the school has. :) Cos email to teachers.. no reply from them! haiz..

worry_mum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jedamum » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:39 pm

worry_mum wrote:Hi Jedamum & MMM,

Cos I did call up the school and email to teachers to inform about the HFMD, and homework was given during his MC. However, I still discovered not only 1 but several notices was not given to us! Thought of complaining to Principal to see what is the usual practice that the school has. :) Cos email to teachers.. no reply from them! haiz..

lolz. impt sch notices, usually my boy's school will upload on their school's website; so you may want to suggest on a 'general basis' this idea for the school to adopt.
did you cc emails to more than 1 party? usually when i email the FT, i will cc to MT teacher for related work and vice versa. i find that when someone else is in the loop, the addressed party is more 'on the ball' :wink:.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Nebbermind » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:29 am

personally, if my team members fail to perform, I rather the complaint come to me and we try to resolve it rather then bypass all levels and go to the GM/MD.

if go directly to the top, all in between managers may also be drag into the pic.

Perhaps just get the tel ext for that teahcer or leave message with the admin office and talk to them directly.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mrswongtuition » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:58 pm

I think you should check with the FT about it first. It's not something that serious yet. Maybe after informing the FT, she'll pass you the form/notice?

1 teacher has many students to take care of. We try our best to help when 1 student is ill. However, we are also humans, we are not perfect. We may have overlooked some things. It's nice if you could just inform the FT first.

But of cos, if after informing her a few tims without any avail, then you should go to the Principal.

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time