Too much chemicals in our milk powder and child development

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Too much chemicals in our milk powder and child development

Postby Donkey Kong » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:31 pm

DHA, Probiotics, Biotin, xyz in our kids milk powder. Some kiasu parents give health supplements to boost their kids IQ.

Too much DHA or Omega3/6/9 will have side effects? Heard these fish oil have certain mercury content inside.

More and more of our children have behavioural problems, some common ones are ADHD, Austism, etc. Govt is spending money to train more local professionals to deal with these.

My kid is a little hyper. Likes to disturb pple and cannot focus for long. His cousin goes around kicking pple in Macdonald for fun. Imagine, kicking adults. In school, teachers complained to my SIL. My nephew cries a lot for no reason. :?

Are all these fortified compounds affecting our children brains? :?:

My mum told me I was fed condensed milk due to poverty. No omega3/6/9, but I still top my school. Do we need fortified compounds in our babies milk? :?

Do you have experience to share? May be the Dieticians can advise.

:love:

Donkey Kong
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby minnie2004 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:28 pm

Hi Donkey Kong,

I'm not a dietician but I do spend a lot of time researching for nutrition related info since I became a mom.

I try to give my kids as much natural food as possible. Both my kids shifted to fresh milk after turning 1 since milk powder is full of artificial additives. Besides, I couldn't find a milk powder for >1 year old babies w/o added sugar such as sucrose and corn syrup. At first I gave them organic milk but now they just drink normal low fat milk. After hearing some negative stories about cow's milk, I give them soya milk on alternative days. I also avoid those with added calcium as I heard it's not good for kids.

As for food, we try to eat organic as much as possible (if they're not super expensive like the organic chicken :!: ) and limit processed food. I don't give them DHA suppliments but we eat salmon and other fishes regularly. I also put flaxseed powder into their pancakes/oatmeal etc.

Nowadays most food are tainted w/ chemicals, hormones, antibiotics. The only thing we can do is try our best to limit the exposure :pray: .

minnie2004
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Donkey Kong » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:37 pm

Thanks for your comments.

My kid who likes western food, particularly beef, has grown very tall for his age. He is 1.4m at Pri 4. Both my wife and I are not so tall.

Is there any growth hormone in these beef? Beef burgers I mean.

Donkey Kong
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby smurf » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:47 pm

I'm trying very best not to give milk powder to DS1, but he just want to drink milk...so I switch to normal milk powder, those good for adult kind...since he is mild lastose intolerant...I tried fresh milk, he will have diarrohoea...so no choice....and he doesn't drink water...so the only way is to give fresh fruit juice, and normal milk powder...soya milk has a lot of sugar in it, and a lot of them have additives also...

Milk powder has a lot of additive. which is why I hate it when milk company advertise EXTENSIVELY. these additives are only SYNTHETICS to replicate the real thing, but they are not. I only give my boy Nordic Naturals gummy (fish oil) as supplement...I think they are manufactured from the fish, and not synthetics...

anyway, I think the best thing is, to give your child normal wholesome food.

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby minnie2004 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:07 pm

smurf wrote:...soya milk has a lot of sugar in it, and a lot of them have additives also...

You can buy the no sugar added fresh soya milk. In the beginning I mixed up the reduced-sugar with the no-sugar version. Now DD is ok with the plain one. DS still doesn't like it that much but I figure that's ok as too much soya milk is not good for boys due to the female hormone.

minnie2004
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby tankee » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:08 pm

smurf, have you tried goat's milk? more friendly to people with lactose intolerance. There is a local goat dairy farm that would deliver fresh goat milk to your place.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Donkey Kong » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:08 pm

My Kiasu Sister in law gives a lot of supplements to her kids. Feed them with a lot of DHA Omega3 food including Salmon. She wants them to do better than her.

Her kids both have behavioural problems... think is Austism or ADHD. Can you imagine, a 5 yr old boy, went to Macdonald, kicked 5 adults until one of the woman brought his son to confront my SIL.. :x

SIL brought kid for diagnosis. They found high content of mercury in the boy's brain. :?:

Scary right? Mercury can cause all sorts of funny diseases... no joke. :pray: Salmon fish contains certain % of heavy metals, i think.

Donkey Kong
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby adhdadhd » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:16 pm

Hi,
Milk are purified food and probably responsible for high Yang Qi, in kids body, causing hyperactivity.
I also suspect ultrasonic imaging during pregnancy has side effect of hyper baby and left handedness. the ultrasonic wave may have activated some neurons and brain cells, and cause them to be energetic.
My DS, diagnosed with mild ADHD since P2 (worsen after a dose of tamiflu), are more hyper after taking chocolate, milk and gummy bears.

Baby boomers were less hyper, because those days, they just don't scan and only know the perfection of baby after birth.

Increased radio waves, due to wireless transmissions may also be responsible for hyperactiveness...

Current scientist already found brain wave to be usable to activate artificial limbs, so I believe the reverse is also possible, ie: brain cells are reactive and can response to radiative waves. As the blood in us, have Iron ions in it.

adhdadhd
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby smurf » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:22 pm

tankee wrote:smurf, have you tried goat's milk? more friendly to people with lactose intolerance. There is a local goat dairy farm that would deliver fresh goat milk to your place.

goat milk very expensive lah...my boy dun mind drinking though... :celebrate:

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby smurf » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:23 pm

minnie2004 wrote:
smurf wrote:...soya milk has a lot of sugar in it, and a lot of them have additives also...

You can buy the no sugar added fresh soya milk. In the beginning I mixed up the reduced-sugar with the no-sugar version. Now DD is ok with the plain one. DS still doesn't like it that much but I figure that's ok as too much soya milk is not good for boys due to the female hormone.

never try sugar free kind...cos I dun think he wants sugar free?? but too much soya also not quite good for children... :D

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time